South carrying the North?

Raw

Raw Member
I`m reading post`s about the snow and ice and drivers being sent home if they choose because of the weather and day`s up north where driver`s are only able to deliver 5 stop`s per hour etc........are we in the south with SPORH of 18 - 24 carrying the rest of the company? :disgusted:

Not that I'm bragging but drivers that do this job in all four seasons are the most complete driver. If you had to deliver in the snow you might poop your pants. Up here in Ohio we have 95 degree days with 100% humidity. We also have that day when it's six degrees and the windchill is minus thirty. Just imagine peak with your normal work load and it's nineteen degrees and you just got a foot of snow.

You have the ideal job climate for this job. Wearing shorts all year around would be like a dream. I have a long john suite on and a coat big ass boots stocking hat and on the icey days cleats. It's kind of a pain in the ass.

rod

Retired 22 years
How come every time I've visited the south (Ala., Ark La.) it looks to me like everything moves at a snails pace. I once tried to buy some bait at a backwoods store in Bull Shoals, Ar. and if they would have moved any slower they would have been going backwards.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How come every time I've visited the south (Ala., Ark La.) it looks to me like everything moves at a snails pace. I once tried to buy some bait at a backwoods store in Bull Shoals, Ar. and if they would have moved any slower they would have been going backwards.

Don't confuse activity with productivity.
I get so tired of these Northerners coming down here here and try to rush things and never get it right and then it has to be done all over again. Sometimes a little thought and reflection goes a long ways towards getting it done right the first time. :wink2:

I get so tired of these Northerners coming down here here and try to rush things and never get it right and then it has to be done all over again. Sometimes a little thought and reflection goes a long ways towards getting it done right the first time. :wink2:

Ok, Forest Gump

:)

Raw

Raw Member
Not that I'm bragging but drivers that do this job in all four seasons are the most complete driver. If you had to deliver in the snow you might poop your pants. Up here in Ohio we have 95 degree days with 100% humidity. We also have that day when it's six degrees and the windchill is minus thirty. Just imagine peak with your normal work load and it's nineteen degrees and you just got a foot of snow.

You have the ideal job climate for this job. Wearing shorts all year around would be like a dream. I have a long john suite on and a coat big ass boots stocking hat and on the icey days cleats. It's kind of a pain in the ass.
I was born and raised in Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie and that is why I was smart enough to move to Florida when I was 19 years old. I NEVER would consider being a UPS driver where I grew up due to the climate! :sick:

Raw

Raw Member

Where I live there are mostly transplanted yankee`s

rod

Retired 22 years

Touche! I will let you in on a little secret--up north we get tired of southerners coming up here during the summer wearing their bib overalls and carrying a 5 dollar bill --only to return home 2 weeks later having not changed either one.:happy2:

Raw

Raw Member
Good point! I can speak as an original yankee on that.I`ve lived in Georgia for a bit. The difference from a northerner and southerner is the northerner will just run his mouth regardless of if he has anything worthwhile to say as the southerner will only speak if he has anything worthwhile to say! :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe. But aren`t you the one rubbing the nice weather in our faces once in a while? It`s a double edged sword. :)

They only rub the nice weather in for a couple of months during the winter. You never hear anything about it during the summer when its 100 degrees and humid down there. (we have just as many "southern" tourists up here in the summer as you have "snow birds" down there in the winter. Just as we stand out like a sore tumb at the beach when we are down there in January so do they stand out like a sore tumb up here in July with their cut off bibs driving a $40,000 pickup pulling a 200 dollar boat with a 1950's 10 horsepower motor on it.

Are you kidding me? I`m not going there, I got most of my Canada bashing post`s deleted a few day`s ago!

I thought it was just me. Go figure.

jk2nkjrbc2l.jpg

"I AM IN CHARGE HERE!"
jk2nkjrbc2l.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
From what I saw it took P-dale about a week to recover from their five inch's of snow.

Make that seven working days. My small Hub feeds out of there and we were rolling over 15 loads in our Preload for a few days. The District Operations Manager had to come into my Hub and kick a little tail to get everything cleaned up the second Friday after that little storm.