Southern Cali drivers check in

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ManInBrown, Jan 24, 2015.

1. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Whats it like delivering in nice weather year round? Must be a real treat. I can't even imagine how nice it must be to do this job in San Diego.

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

It's why most people are willing to deal with the high cost of living.;)

3. ManInBrown

I live in a top 5 highest cost of living state. And what do I get for it? Nothing but crappy winters and expensive taxes.

4. MAKAVELI

That sucks. I couldn't imagine myself delivering in that type of weather. On the flip side though California is hurting for water, real bad.

5. ManInBrown

Are you in Southern Cal Stops?

6. MAKAVELI

I'm not at liberty to say where I'm located as FedEx management monitors this site. Let's just say I am a longtime California resident and have pretty much been everywhere up and down this state.

7. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Plus they get to Look at all that hot ass year round.

8. MAKAVELI

Very true. A very nice perk working out here.

9. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

In your honest opinion would you say that women are in better shape in California than American women in general everywhere else????

10. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

There's a reason why the Beach Boys didn't sing "New Jersey Girls"

11. MAKAVELI

I would say the culture out here to be fit, along with the weather, probably would make that a true statement.

12. jaker

jaker trolling

I would say yeah because when I look at reality shows that are back east the guys and the girls are bigger

13. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Right now is the kind of weather I'm loving. Mid 60's and some wind. Our Santa Ana winds make for a few "pucker" moments when driving on the freeway.

When we actually do get some rain, the freeways are always a mess. People drive like it's dry conditions and now your 30 minute commute to work takes over an hour.

When it's 110° outside and 135° in the back of the package car, it wipes you out. You can't drink water fast enough at times. Once drank ten 32oz bottles of water in a day. Glad I have three ice machines on route I use.

14. MAKAVELI

At least it's a dry heat.;)

15. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Thanks Hudson. (Aliens reference)

16. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

I'll take my :censored2:ty weather over those awesome commute times you guys have.

Hating :(

I still wonder how you guys get anything done with traffic

17. theslinger

theslinger Member

Was 79 degrees today. Going down to 71 tomorrow. Better put on my long sleeve shirt tomorrow. ;)