Southern Region Articlt 49-Section 7 (J)

Overpaid Union Thug

This proposed article of the Southern Supllement caught my eye.

"Article 49-Part-Time Employees

Section 7-Part-Time Cover Driver

(J) As of January 1rst 2008, for each two hundred (200) reports, that an individual TCD is paid in a a calendar year, the Employer will add one (1) PCD in that center for each occurence."

What does "PCD" mean?

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm gonna guess Package Car Driver, but I may have interpreted it wrong, and it really means Permanent Coverage Driver.

I thought that too but was wondering why they didn't just word it as "full-time driver" instead. Anyway.....if the contract is ratified then several will have to be added because there are a couple of us that logged in more than 200 reports this year.

Braveheart

I thought that too but was wondering why they didn't just word it as "full-time driver" instead. Anyway.....if the contract is ratified then several will have to be added because there are a couple of us that logged in more than 200 reports this year.
Sorry but I think the 200 reports for 2007 = zilch. You will start getting credit during 2008 for 2009. They will lay you off every chance they get to avoid promoting you! This means it will be even harder to get a day off for the full timers!! They will use helpers at peak ahead of you for sure!

Please find out how many TCD's made the 200 this year, and then count how few make it next year. I bet the numbers plummet like G. W. B. approval ratings.

Never let them send you home after they told you to report for cover duty!

Never answer your phone on your way to work either because that is another way they can deny you work. But once you get to work it is 8 hours of cover pay and another report!