Southern region of teamsters

ls6-m22

I just looked over the southern agreement and was shocked that the seasonal driver helpers are still only getting payed $8.50 an hour.What a joke!I know in my center a lot of permanent P-timers like to help out a driver for some extra $$ during the holidays. Not worth it when your making less then a new hire.

ls6-m22

Yes I too just came from a union meeting. Seems that our local president didn't want to talk about the subpar contract. One guy even told him it stunk and got a round of applause! The look on our local presidents face was priceless. He asked what he didn't like but then said he wouldn't discuss it. What a joke

canoworms

Yes I too just came from a union meeting. Seems that our local president didn't want to talk about the subpar contract. One guy even told him it stunk and got a round of applause! The look on our local presidents face was priceless. He asked what he didn't like but then said he wouldn't discuss it. What a joke
Are you in 79?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its there, it got posted on teamsters.org yesterday. The one posted by the IBT is the final version, the one they handed out to us today is incomplete, since the lawyers were still going through a few items at printing time. I haven't been able to log on TDU's site, their servers must be overloaded.

Overpaid Union Thug

Its there, it got posted on teamsters.org yesterday. The one posted by the IBT is the final version, the one they handed out to us today is incomplete, since the lawyers were still going through a few items at printing time. I haven't been able to log on TDU's site, their servers must be overloaded.

I found it. I guess they didn't change the 6/1 ratio for hiring off the street.

d-rek357

The only good I found in all of it was with the TCD's after 156 reports instead of 200 they have to create another full time package job. It's not good enough for a yes vote tho.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The only good I found in all of it was with the TCD's after 156 reports instead of 200 they have to create another full time package job. It's not good enough for a yes vote tho.

Thats one of the few highlights, supposedly more full time jobs will be created, so number of TCDs is supposed to go down. I'll believe more FT jobs when I see it, since it didn't happen with the 22.3s. Co-pays on prescriptions will drop from 25% to 10%. Retirees will now get vision and dental, they still have to pay $200 for each individual's health insurance. PTers will still have the same $10 co-pay they did under UPS insurance.

Fullhouse

Just looking at the math for the UPS 30, 35 and out benefits. A 35 year full timer will recieve a smaller amount for each year served than a 30 year full time retiree.
In 2017
30yrs will recieve $3400 a month which = $113.33 for each year of his/her service
35 yrs will recieve $3900 a month which = $111.42 for each year of his/her service
I Know the amount is small but it will add up over time !

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just looking at the math for the UPS 30, 35 and out benefits. A 35 year full timer will recieve a smaller amount for each year served than a 30 year full time retiree. In 2017 30yrs will recieve $3400 a month which = $113.33 for each year of his/her service 35 yrs will recieve $3900 a month which = $111.42 for each year of his/her service I Know the amount is small but it will add up over time !
So the language benifits someone to leave earlier, rather that later if going strictly by the dollar per year average. Wonder why UPS would let that happen, unless of course they'd get to replace that 30 yr driver with a 4yr progression driver sooner.