Southern snow storm

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mikeb, Jan 29, 2010.

1. mikeb

mikeb tnbrown

We had a snow storm in Tenn today. I brought back over 50 stops to the bldg about 2pm and sheeted them ECD. A lot of other drivers did the same. Its gonna be rough Monday.

2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

It's gonna hit us up here in VA tomorrow morning, not supposed to get above freezing til Monday (and then just barely) so it should be a fun day in the country.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Must be heading out to sea after that? I saw nothing in my 10 day forecast.

4. Tired Driver

Tired Driver Sisyphus had it easy.

only rain in my area but volume will drop if I 95 slows down

5. johnoutdoors

johnoutdoors Member

If only snow was something unique and comment worthy in the northeast...

6. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

If only smothering heat and extremely high humidity was comment worthy in the South...

7. DS

DS Fenderbender

Really! why? because its snowing? 2PM? Only once in 20 years have they ever called us off the road and it was that huge ice storm and they called us in around 4PM.I got home around 11PM.

8. Just like the last time getting the good stuff for the weekend. What was it something like 18 inch of snow?! :)

9. johnoutdoors

johnoutdoors Member

Touche

10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I got my fingers crossed :p

11. govols019

LOL

12. mikeb

mikeb tnbrown

Yeah, we got anywhere from 3 to 8 inches in some areas, which is significant in the south. I have a rural area so I told my center manager that I was bringing the truck back and it will be there Monday. The roads were awful and it just wasnt worth it

13. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

We had about 6 inched here in KS. Not only did everyone finish their day, most were under 9.5. No one over 11!!

14. govols019

Want a cookie?

15. grgrcr88

Chocolate Chip?

16. BROWN430

BROWN430 New Member

I would much rather have the snow than the ice. Take it slow and be safe. Remember it's just cardboard boxes. The most important stop is your last one. HOME

17. govols019

I'm a peanut butter man.

It's nice that your center was able to finish. Yeah, for you. We are not prepared for snow and ice.

18. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

How much snow fell down there?

19. govols019

We got 5-6" here. That was enough to shut down I-40 because of accidents. We are woefully unprepared for this kind of weather.

20. grgrcr88

I'LL eat peanut butter!!