Speculation of the Future at UPS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
lets look at these facts;
USPS is bleeding $$$ & wants to drop some services,
DHL is gone,
FDX's boss is making threats against "card check " by saying he will cancel orders for new aircraft.
That makes UPS's future look pretty good, with more volume for us.

UPSNewbie

lets look at these facts;
USPS is bleeding $$$ & wants to drop some services,
DHL is gone,
FDX's boss is making threats against "card check " by saying he will cancel orders for new aircraft.
That makes UPS's future look pretty good, with more volume for us.

WITH "threats" to buy foreign cargo planes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"WITH "threats" to buy foreign cargo planes. "

Maybe Fred can't afford to buy ANY planes and maybe this is an empty threat. Who want's to buy French anyway??

DenverBrownDotCom

The drivers in Denver own denver brown. I'm glad a tie like you would not like it. It's your crap that's led to the rise of the driver's voice. Of course we know you could give a crap about anyone but yourself.
Huh?
Denver Brown has had some well written material in the past. Your posts don't seem to be up to thier standards. Are you the owner of denver brown?

Foamer Pyle

I believe if the current economic conditions continue, we could see Fed-Ex in deep trouble. I am referring to the air portion of the Fed-Ex Corp. Its no secret that they are hurting "big-time" right now. When this economy does turn around, I believe we will be on top. I am not going to worry or speculate on how the telematics will effect my job. I have adapted in the past to changes, and will continue to do so.

Somehow I think your looking at the big picture from somewhere else the sun doesn't shine other than a box.

You don't get out much, do you? If UPS makes less money, drivers get laid off (don't get paid and don't pay taxes.) For the people still working, their 401K (in theory) goes down. Their pension goes down.

But you don't sound like a person who can create wealth. It doesn't matter how much money you make, only what you do with that money. The money UPS makes, the more money I make and the more money you should make.

DenverBrownDotCom

Actually 1842 I'm going to tell you this once. I probably care more than you about the success of this company. But like most people you don't get the idea that part of that success is the success of the people that work for that company. It isn't just about the money the company makes for it's CEO's and stock holders, it's also about the life and families of it's people. Something I am quite sure you do not get. James E. Casey founded this company on many of those principles, and unfortunately people like you have no clue about why those principles have helped to build this company into the giant it is. Things like loyalty, caring, compassion, promise of the future. It isn't just about money. You can see today what "money" has done to many of the percieved giants of industry. My desire for the success of this company goes far beyond your right-wing crap about dollars and cents. The day may come where you get the idea that there is more in this world than you, but somehow I doubt that will happen.
You don't get out much, do you? If UPS makes less money, drivers get laid off (don't get paid and don't pay taxes.) For the people still working, their 401K (in theory) goes down. Their pension goes down.

But you don't sound like a person who can create wealth. It doesn't matter how much money you make, only what you do with that money. The money UPS makes, the more money I make and the more money you should make.

Actually 1842 I'm going to tell you this once. I probably care more than you about the success of this company. But like most people you don't get the idea that part of that success is the success of the people that work for that company. It isn't just about the money the company makes for it's CEO's and stock holders, it's also about the life and families of it's people. Something I am quite sure you do not get. James E. Casey founded this company on many of those principles, and unfortunately people like you have no clue about why those principles have helped to build this company into the giant it is. Things like loyalty, caring, compassion, promise of the future. It isn't just about money. You can see today what "money" has done to many of the percieved giants of industry. My desire for the success of this company goes far beyond your right-wing crap about dollars and cents. The day may come where you get the idea that there is more in this world than you, but somehow I doubt that will happen.

I guess we both agree then...I do believe the success of a company rests solely on the people that work there...But we don't need the "always me" mentality.

I donate about 1/3 of my capital gains and time every year to the food bank. I make more money on capital gains than I do driving a UPS truck. And I contributed to my locals strike fund in 97-98.

They were very disappointed that I didn't donate money in 2008. Do to the Obama uncertainty I took the tax hit instead.
I wonder why?

MONEY = OPPORTUNITY
That is the bottom line.

Tell these people it's not about money:

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=AP&date=20090405&id=9760627

DS

Fenderbender
The drivers in Denver own brown. I'm glad a tie like you would not like it. It's your crap that's led to the rise of the driver's voice. Of course we know you could give a crap about anyone but yourself.
Hey buddy,you seem stressed,is this the same guy that posted this?

But everyone hides behind nicknames on the forum. Wouldn't everybody see who everybody else is? How could everyone maintain their anonymity on a cruise? Or maybe everybody could just hide in their cabins and communicate on the BrownCafe.

George

brett636

Denver Brown's posts would be somewhat more fun to read if they were missing all the right wing bashing nonsense. I'm your average middle class American and I believe in strong conservative values. Does that mean I hate myself?

But everyone hides behind nicknames on the forum. Wouldn't everybody see who everybody else is? How could everyone maintain their anonymity on a cruise? Or maybe everybody could just hide in their cabins and communicate on the BrownCafe.

George

www.blog.denverbrown.com
You can maintain your anonymity while on a cruise, just don't tell anyone your real name or where you work. Sure they know what you look like but that doesn't mean you've lost that privacy. I would think that posting pictures of people without their permission would be frowned on here.

tieguy

Banned
The drivers in Denver own brown. I'm glad a tie like you would not like it. It's your crap that's led to the rise of the driver's voice. Of course we know you could give a crap about anyone but yourself.

I'm sorry did I confuse you. I didn't say anything about liking or disliking the site in fact I believe I said much of the material there is well written. I was speaking of the fact you're writing style appeared to be well below that of the brown site.Its a real simple question. someone owns the webpage site itself. Are you that person? Perhaps you could use a handicap avatar if you're easily confused?

tieguy

Banned

Did this guy just say he wants the company to be sucessful by not making any money?

tieguy

Banned

George

Looks like Georges blog will be heavily moderated to ensure he does not have the wrong opinions posted on his site.:happy-very:

www.blog.denverbrown.com

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
In the grand scheme of things there isn't anything you can do to influence the future of UPS. That is up to the chosen few that sit in the ivory towers in Atlanta and they seem determined to to take a once Great company and squeeze the life out of it. Sad:sad-little:

Agreed! I don't think 1989 gets it. Maybe he's stuck there (in 1989)

kingOFchester

2 Opinionated points.

1)Regarding FedEx and their threat to buy foreign planes.I would not put to much credence in their threat for several reasons. Obama and the current administration can do the same thing they did with AIG and their bonuses....just make a new law!! O'holy Obama will just write a law stating that Fred will have to keep to his original word. (more of a humorous thought then any reality). Secondly, regardless of the card check, I would guess that Fred will, at the least, postpone taking on new planes. We are in a recession.

2)Regarding the original subject.
I will probably not be liked to much for my following comments...but so be it, it is my smelly opinion. Yes, we have great bennies due to the union. We have great pay due to the union. But it comes at a price. The....let me rephrase...A contract between UPS and the union will bring out the swords and armor from both sides. Instead of us being on the same side ready to fight a good fight for the company, we end up fighting each other. This is what hurts UPS. Not management and not the hourlies. The contract that puts us against them.

The union files grievances, some legit and some just ridiculous......a vending machine fiasco comes to mind. This puts the management in a defensive position. knee jerk reaction....stick it to the union. Knee jerk reaction from the union is to bitch and gripe and file more grievances. I strongly believe UPS would be better off without the union. Not that it would benefit the hourlies. We would probably be looking at Wal-mart type of a position. That said, things are going to be like they are whether we like it or not. Us against them. For me, that means doing my job to the best of my ability, work as instructed, confronting my supervisors when I have issues B4 going to the union and asking my supervisors to show me the same respect when I feel as though they aren't treating me properly. Will this always work at UPS? I don't know. Has it worked for me thus far, Yes.