Speeding ticket question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sniper08, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Sniper08

Sniper08 New Member

Ok guys, here's the deal. I'm part time air shuttle driver. The other day I got a ticket for 71 in a 55 in my pickup. My lawyer said that he knows the state trooper very well and he can get it reduced to defective equipment. It's a non moving violation and zero points on my record. Here's the question. Do I need to report the ticket to my sup.? Do I wait till after the conviction so I can just tell him that I got a non moving violation? Am I required to tell him anything since it's a non moving or does it even make a difference? What would you do in this situation? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why would you hire a lawyer just for a speeding ticket?

If it were me I would tell my sup about the ticket and tell him that you are in the process of getting it reduced. Mgt does not like surprises.

You need to remember to list this on the drivers license certification form that we have to fill out in January each year. We had a driver in my center who decided to leave off a few non-moving violations that he received. They just happened to pull his license abstract and discovered the missing items. I'm not sure what, if anything, will come out of this.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Until you are found responsible for a ticket (civil violation) you do not have a conviction.

4. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

to get it taken off your record... and probably for insurance reasons

5. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Who gives a :censored2: what Mgt likes?

6. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Wait till Mgt asks verbally or by form!

7. UpstateNYUPSer

Here we can request a reduction in writing without the expense of a lawyer.

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

that's after the fact though.. if you fight it with an attorney, it'll never be on your record in the first place

9. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

My local pays for an attorney, and every ticket ive gotten as a part timer has been dismissed completely. Cost to me was nothing!!!

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

report everything. If you don't and they find out later you can be fired.

11. jaker

jaker trolling

How could you get in trouble for non moving violations from ups

12. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Honesty is the best policy. Laced with a bit of humility.

13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Have another beer, brownmonster.

14. Sniper08

Sniper08 New Member

Ok, I will prob just fight to get it dropped or lowered to a non moving and just let it be. Right choice? Side note: the lawyer is a friend of mine and doing it for free. So it's not like I'm blowing a lot of money or anything...thanks guys.

15. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Yes this is true, but i would wait until i was asked or had to fill out DCF....Why feed the belly of the beast ahead of time?

16. UpstateNYUPSer

At this point it is still a moving violation and, if it were me, I would give my mgt team a heads up just to be on the safe side.

17. jaker

jaker trolling

Yes right now it is , but that is not what you said above

You said a driver got in trouble for not telling them about non moving violations

18. jaker

jaker trolling

So again how do you get in trouble for non moving violations

19. Sniper08

Sniper08 New Member

I was wondering this also?

20. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Here you can go to a class once a year, and get the points and ticket permanently off your record.