Speeding ticket question

Sniper08

Ok guys, here's the deal. I'm part time air shuttle driver. The other day I got a ticket for 71 in a 55 in my pickup. My lawyer said that he knows the state trooper very well and he can get it reduced to defective equipment. It's a non moving violation and zero points on my record. Here's the question. Do I need to report the ticket to my sup.? Do I wait till after the conviction so I can just tell him that I got a non moving violation? Am I required to tell him anything since it's a non moving or does it even make a difference? What would you do in this situation? Thanks for the help in advance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would you hire a lawyer just for a speeding ticket?

If it were me I would tell my sup about the ticket and tell him that you are in the process of getting it reduced. Mgt does not like surprises.

You need to remember to list this on the drivers license certification form that we have to fill out in January each year. We had a driver in my center who decided to leave off a few non-moving violations that he received. They just happened to pull his license abstract and discovered the missing items. I'm not sure what, if anything, will come out of this.

Future

Victory Ride
Why would you hire a lawyer just for a speeding ticket?

If it were me I would tell my sup about the ticket and tell him that you are in the process of getting it reduced. Mgt does not like surprises.

You need to remember to list this on the drivers license certification form that we have to fill out in January each year. We had a driver in my center who decided to leave off a few non-moving violations that he received. They just happened to pull his license abstract and discovered the missing items. I'm not sure what, if anything, will come out of this.
Who gives a :censored2: what Mgt likes?

Future

Victory Ride
Ok guys, here's the deal. I'm part time air shuttle driver. The other day I got a ticket for 71 in a 55 in my pickup. My lawyer said that he knows the state trooper very well and he can get it reduced to defective equipment. It's a non moving violation and zero points on my record. Here's the question. Do I need to report the ticket to my sup.? Do I wait till after the conviction so I can just tell him that I got a non moving violation? Am I required to tell him anything since it's a non moving or does it even make a difference? What would you do in this situation? Thanks for the help in advance.
Wait till Mgt asks verbally or by form!

BrownChoice

My local pays for an attorney, and every ticket ive gotten as a part timer has been dismissed completely. Cost to me was nothing!!!

Sniper08

Ok, I will prob just fight to get it dropped or lowered to a non moving and just let it be. Right choice? Side note: the lawyer is a friend of mine and doing it for free. So it's not like I'm blowing a lot of money or anything...thanks guys.

jaker

trolling
At this point it is still a moving violation and, if it were me, I would give my mgt team a heads up just to be on the safe side.
Yes right now it is , but that is not what you said above

You said a driver got in trouble for not telling them about non moving violations

jaker

trolling
We had a driver in my center who decided to leave off a few non-moving violations that he received. They just happened to pull his license abstract and discovered the missing items. I'm not sure what, if anything, will come out of this.
So again how do you get in trouble for non moving violations