speeding ticket

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by r61982, May 27, 2012.

1. r61982

r61982 New Member

Just got one. First one in about 4 years. I want to be a driver. Will this affect me?

2. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

3. r61982

r61982 New Member

One ticket will prevent me from becoming a driver?

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It depends on the region. Where I'm at in the central region it won't affect you at all. We have a panel decision on just this.

5. r61982

r61982 New Member

I work at cach in hodgkins il. But probably drive out of a different facility. Been at UPS since dec 2002.

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Maybe cach or 705red will chime in. I bet cach does. Pm 705red he will know. 705 is like the wild wild west they are there own seperate entity. A truly great local who go balls out.

7. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

I like the sound of that! Settling grievances the old fashion way... take ten paces, turn around, and shoot.

8. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

no it comes off record after3 years and i know you went to driving school and got it off your record? or you went to court to and pleaded no contest paid a court fine and no points on lic. but i wouldnt worry about a ticket 4 years ago.know how no way. you will be fine dont even bring it up.

9. r61982

r61982 New Member

I just got it today. First ticket in 4 or 5 years. havent gone to court yet. court date is july 11th.

10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

traffic school it goes away like it never happened

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Cachsux would be his best bet---705 has more than enough on his plate at the moment.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Try to get it reduced to a non-moving violation. If this doesn't work, go to "learn how to drive school" and the points will be dropped from your license.

14. r61982

r61982 New Member

dont have my cdl yet. I appreciate all the replies, guys.

15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

If it takes 5 years to go driving it won't matter. Ticket will be off your record by then. Go to traffic school for it. No points. At least in AZ.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​I suspect Red has his hands full right now.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

I hear he may be tired from all the driving he has been doing recently.

18. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of driving (and yes, changing the subject), how was your drive today?

19. UpstateNYUPSer

We had a good day. Just got back about an hour ago.

20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You can't have any moving violation in the last year and not more than two in the last three years to get a driving job at UPS. So you not going to be able to apply for drivers ( I should say get accepted) for a driving job for 1 year from that ticket date.