Speeding ticket

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Guys, I had a driver ask me a question saturday morning. I didn't know the answer. He got a speeding ticket and paid the fine. Simple civil citation. Does this affect employment? I only know there is an annual review but is it something to worry about? Clean driving history otherwise and a good worker. This is ground also. Thanks

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Guys, I had a driver ask me a question saturday morning. I didn't know the answer. He got a speeding ticket and paid the fine. Simple civil citation. Does this affect employment? I only know there is an annual review but is it something to worry about? Clean driving history otherwise and a good worker. This is ground also. Thanks

Yes. Moving violations always matter. It's the non-moving violations that don't. He needs to report the ticket to management or your ISP per Ground guidelines. I don't know what your reporting window is. In short, he needs to notify the appropriate people at Ground that he had a moving violation. Doesn't matter whether it is personal vehicle or not. Failure to do so can result in problems.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We don't need to report speeding tickets at Express anymore. I would anyway though.

This is incorrect. I just verified with a manager. At Express, moving violations, whether in a FedEx vehicle or in your personal vehicle MUST be reported to your manager before you get in a FedEx vehicle. Nothing has changed.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm pretty sure this is correct.
Don't you remember every year when they pull your DMV record and make you sign it?
It's gonna show right there any moving violations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm pretty sure this is correct.
Don't you remember every year when they pull your DMV record and make you sign it?
It's gonna show right there any moving violations.

We have to sign a certification form in January but they don't pull everyone's abstract----that would be too expensive ($10 per in NY). I think they may do random checks.

Rhoderunner

I believe moving violations also count as a 'occurrence' and get held against you with the new stricter regulations for driving. Accidents and violations all add in to the formula they use to determine if you can be on the road.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I believe moving violations also count as a 'occurrence' and get held against you with the new stricter regulations for driving. Accidents and violations all add in to the formula they use to determine if you can be on the road.
That wouldn't surprise me in the least knowing this place. Nothing like rubbing a little more salt in the wound. Soon they're going to install microphones in all the vehicles and every fart that's detected will result in an automatic OLCC.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That wouldn't surprise me in the least knowing this place. Nothing like rubbing a little more salt in the wound. Soon they're going to install microphones in all the vehicles and every fart that's detected will result in an automatic OLCC.

You have 24 hours to notify management of a moving violation. If I have an SBD, do I still need to report the fart?

Route 66

You have 24 hours to notify management of a moving violation. If I have an SBD, do I still need to report the fart?
Yes indeed, don't even think of trying to cover it up by singing or whistling or anything like that as there will also be stink sensors mounted beneath the seats.

!Retired!

1. When we filled out the MVR form the last 2 times, we didn't have to put down any moving violations in our personal vehicles.
2. I would love to see FedEx try and give me a letter for any moving violation my personal vehicle.
3. Doesn't matter to me what the policy is, I have gotten 4 tickets since I started driving 28 years ago. 3 of those were in the first 4 years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
1. When we filled out the MVR form the last 2 times, we didn't have to put down any moving violations in our personal vehicles.
2. I would love to see FedEx try and give me a letter for any moving violation my personal vehicle.
3. Doesn't matter to me what the policy is, I have gotten 4 tickets since I started driving 28 years ago. 3 of those were in the first 4 years.

Your personal tickets also have to be reported.

Route 66

just did my MVR form. As usual it said to list all moving violations within the past year. Stated nothing at all about "only those violations committed while operating a commercial vehicle". I would think if someone left anything out and was discovered and used the "I thought the rules had changed on that" excuse, they're going to find themselves up shidtcreek w/o paddle.