SPHOR

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You don't have to sign any paperwork from a "lock-in" ride (and you shouldn't anyway), but your signature really doesn't matter. If you're doing your job, you'll be fine. If you're not doing your job, the lack of a signature won't save you.

Treegrower

If they are doing a SPORH ride, which is also called a lock-in ride, you most certainly do have to sign their paperwork.

As a vetern of those wars Upstate I can tell you for sure that you absolutely do not have to sign their paperwork. I have fought many a battle over this . ( Space and Vis rides, safety rides 1 day and 3 day OJS as well as D.R. certification and helper certification ect, ect. I refuse to sign or initial anything.) And I have the scars to prove it, but in the end you do not have to sign. It can get ugly to be sure and they will brow beat and threaten to take you out of service and have even had a division mgr ask for my I.D. and Diad board ( as if he was discharging me) I handed it right over, he then asked very nicely if I would sign. Extremely intimidating to be sure, but I declined. He just handed my I.D. and diad back to me and told me to get to work. End of story. You do not have to sign anythoing that is not DOT related or OSHA related.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The info i am gathering on here if they ride with you on a sphor ride do you are do you not have to sign the paper that the sup ask you to sign?

You do not have to sign anything, unless it is a requirement for employement. Examples: DOT card, Haz-mat certification. If you do not agree with it, do not sign it, if they say you must, ask if its a condition of employment. If they say yes, sign it and put next to your name,"Under threat of Termination"

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Which is why I suggested you stick with me. The other two will eat you up and spit you out and laugh their asses off doing it.

I tried to have a retort with Tieguy, hey simply ignored my post and went right on with his name calling and Union bashing, he never says anything without trying to belittle someone. You ignore that part and try to have an actual discussion and he folds up tent and goes home!!!!

P-man on the other hand is a very smart and useful poster, He states facts and does not get involved in the bashing and stupid games of you other 3(UPSSOCKS being the 3rd(TURD))

Treegrower

I suggest you limit your battles to me as both Tie and P-Man could whip you with one arm tied hand behind their backs.:wink2:

I notice that neither Tie nor P-Man have chimed in on this thread to respond to your claim that you must sign all the paperwork. I wonder why that is?..... could it be because you don't have to sign? Just wondering

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I notice that neither Tie nor P-Man have chimed in on this thread to respond to your claim that you must sign all the paperwork. I wonder why that is?..... could it be because you don't have to sign? Just wondering

Whether you sign or not the resulting SPORH number is what you will be held to from that day forward.

SWORDFISH

I understand this. I run my lunch a handful of times every year. It stems from needing to be home for a reason or a jump-start on a certain get-away weekend. I don't even bother asking for a paid lunch. I just don't want to go through the riga-ma-role that it takes to get a 'code 5'.

I don't do it often, so i'd rather just eat it. Most times that I do this I end un punching out 30-45 minutes before 8 hours. We get paid a 8 hour day even if we work less, so I consider it a wash most times

Now that I'm on the subject, why is UPS so hell-bent on me taking the hour lunch? I'm punched out at 1655 and you need me to put a lunch hour into the DIAD?

I've been posting this for a while on Browncafe and still have not heard a legit response so I will ask it again. Please, I'm looking forward to everyone's opinion:

Why does UPS force us to take the hour lunch? Why can't we just take what we need and enter that into the DIAD?

I used to think maybe UPS thought the drivers were taking extra time. Now that we have Telematics UPS knows everything and we can't pull the wool over their eyes.

Again, why the hour lunch?

Is it simply for the fact that UPS is counting on the free labor from its "lunch runners"?

How ethical is this practice?

Brownie 1 hour is not required everywhere. In fact where Im from if you take more than 30mn its frowned on. Im actually not allowed personally to take over 30min unless I have a light day. There was also a big lawsuit that alot of people cashed out on over drivers not getting there lunch break or having to take it at the end of the day, so our lunches are audited randomly and you must have taken 30min before the end of your 5th hr of work or its big trouble.

SWORDFISH

Upstate, Ups cannot make you sign anything and they cannot hold you to any of there numbers in my area. Our union doesnt recognize there #s. There #s are all not true representations of the day anyway. I had a 3day ride and they wanted me to be at 20 sporh and I only hit it on the 3rd day and I was actually hoping I would never hit it. They said they would pull me off route if I didnt hit it. Funny thing I have not hit that # more than a couple of times a month since and have heard nothing more about it. They had to lower the stop count on my route. For those that are confused on these issues and are being harased about these issues I would be in constant contact w/ your union rep. because there are so many conflicting views being given here. Who knows maybe we are all right and these situations are area specific because I wouldnt call anyone I dont know a liar. This job is a zoo for us all and I have always said the only way I make retirement is w/ JC cuz UPS just cuts throats. Managements and hourly ie. 1800 management disapear and Scott Davis gets a raise.

cino321

Upstate, Ups cannot make you sign anything and they cannot hold you to any of there numbers in my area. Our union doesnt recognize there #s. There #s are all not true representations of the day anyway. I had a 3day ride and they wanted me to be at 20 sporh and I only hit it on the 3rd day and I was actually hoping I would never hit it. They said they would pull me off route if I didnt hit it. Funny thing I have not hit that # more than a couple of times a month since and have heard nothing more about it. They had to lower the stop count on my route. For those that are confused on these issues and are being harased about these issues I would be in constant contact w/ your union rep. because there are so many conflicting views being given here. Who knows maybe we are all right and these situations are area specific because I wouldnt call anyone I dont know a liar. This job is a zoo for us all and I have always said the only way I make retirement is w/ JC cuz UPS just cuts throats. Managements and hourly ie. 1800 management disapear and Scott Davis gets a raise.

That is true, however there has been a termination based on failure to maintain.

SWORDFISH

That is true, however there has been a termination based on failure to maintain.

Fired for not maintaining sporh? At my center they fire people for everything. The bigger question cino321 is when the guy got fired did he get his job back cuz like I said they fire for everything at my center but it never sticks ( 100% wins by drivers so far).