Spoiled Customers and Sob Stories

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What would you suggest replace them? Personally I can't remember too much of the 70's :-)
Replace them? How about abolish them altogether? In this day and age of electronic payments let the shipper and their customer haggle it out. Why should a driver even be involved with this? With so many deadbeat COD customers, I doubt their's very little if any profit margin with them at all.

CJinx

COD may be an antiquated payment method, but it is a product that there is still a demand for. If either company were to cut the service, they may as well gift wrap those customers to the competition.

Ecw21411

Replace them? How about abolish them altogether? In this day and age of electronic payments let the shipper and their customer haggle it out. Why should a driver even be involved with this? With so many deadbeat COD customers, I doubt their's very little if any profit margin with them at all.
Got a lady gets everything cod never has the money and it always takes 3 attempts and gets mad if we don't wait for her to come up with the $ wtf

Express Courier

I hardly ever get COD anymore. Maybe once every few weeks these days. Almost always a business like a gun shop. Trying to thing of the last time I got a check from a person at their house.. probably been a couple years.

rod

Retired 22 years
I hardly ever get COD anymore. Maybe once every few weeks these days. Almost always a business like a gun shop. Trying to thing of the last time I got a check from a person at their house.. probably been a couple years.

Wow--I used to get 20 to 40 cods a day

542thruNthru

Delivered a COD to a strip club many years ago. The owner wanted to pay it with one dollar bills, and you know where those came from! lol

Had a COD once for a strip club also. The girl came out and started counting out all the cash. I just sat there smiling taking In the the view. When she was done I said. "Oh I can't take cash. I need a check please." Only COD I ever liked collecting on. :)

Cactus

Got a lady gets everything cod never has the money and it always takes 3 attempts and gets mad if we don't wait for her to come up with the $ wtf
COD may be an antiquated payment method, but it is a product that there is still a demand for. If either company were to cut the service, they may as well gift wrap those customers to the competition.
Oh, the mostly deadbeat customers? Not all business is good business. Case in point.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow--I used to get 20 to 40 cods a day

This is exactly why retirees, especially those 14 years or more removed, should refrain from posting in the operations threads, as they no longer have the relevance to do so.

The number of CODs is down dramatically company wide.

YNTMO

Cactus

FedEx needs to recognize problematic customers such as this and start holding these packages for pickup when they finally cough up the money for purchases they can't afford in the first place.

Cactus

This is exactly why retirees, especially those 14 years or more removed, should refrain from posting in the operations threads, as they no longer have the relevance to do so.

YNTMO

Armchair moderation.

WTFITAA?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FedEx needs to recognize problematic customers such as this and start holding these packages for pickup when they finally cough up the money for purchases they can't afford in the first place.

We used to accommodate customers such as this by holding their packages for up to 7 days following their 3 delivery attempts. We then learned that certain customers had no intention of getting the money in the first 3 days and would use the 7 day hold to raise the money so we have since changed the policy to where we now RTS CODs after the 3rd delivery attempt and do not allow them to be put on hold after the 2nd attempt.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I like that brown's says the sender requests a signature. I'm sure no one reads it, but on the off chance they know it's not our call. Like we want to come back tomorrow.
That is why on the back of the info notice on signature required," In person signature is required by the shipper" on the signature line. Of course every once in a while I get a chuckle head who signs their name right over top of my writing

oldngray

nowhere special
I had customers (one particularly bad one) who would use COD's as a way to warehouse their inventory. He would order 3 times what he needed and wait until the last day to decide which packages he really wanted and would refuse the rest.

rod

Retired 22 years

YNTMO

That's exactly why I post---just to get under your skin. It seems to be working.

whenIgetthere

These days, I get three COD's every week, all from payroll companies for small businesses, and one jewelry store who always has the check ready.