SPORH Harrassment

BCFan

Curious if any other locations are being disciplined (progressive discipline) ? Been told its not going to fly by international reps ,however it still exist here. Please reply with your area of the country, we are in Georgia.......BC

Here it's over allowed. You will get the saying you were 3 hours over. Once I was told that I was 5 hours over and worked 10 1/2 hours. So you are saying you sent me out with 5 1/2 hours worth of work. LOL BRAIN TRAIN.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am in Georgia as well,and it exists only to those in my center who don't have the brains or the balls to stand up for themselves. We DO have a center manager from your building who we were told is 'helping get the center in line' by doing observations and issuing Warning Letters for not using 3 Points of Contact, Incab Distractions,even for not signing the DVIR before leaving the building.......If we could just convince them to pay as much attention to the Preload!!!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I am in Georgia as well,and it exists only to those in my center who don't have the brains or the balls to stand up for themselves. We DO have a center manager from your building who we were told is 'helping get the center in line' by doing observations and issuing Warning Letters for not using 3 Points of Contact, Incab Distractions,even for not signing the DVIR before leaving the building.......If we could just convince them to pay as much attention to the Preload!!!

Don't worry about the preload. That's a race you'll never win.

Learn the methods, follow them religiously.

Sign your DVIR every day. Always use three points of contact.

Worry about what you can control. Do that, and you won't have to puff up your chest.

Let UPS worry about the rest.

C

chuchu

Curious if any other locations are being disciplined (progressive discipline) ? Been told its not going to fly by international reps ,however it still exist here. Please reply with your area of the country, we are in Georgia.......BC
It's a mind game. Cut out unnecessary talk with customers where you have to stop working, keep walking and working as you talk and they'll see that you're too busy to just stand and talk about things that don't pertain to your job...unless you're on break.
If they ride with you use your cart instead of lugging heavy packages by hand, square your shoulders with the bulkhead and side doors when closing, use approved walk paths (no shortcuts) and don't sort...just pull pkgs forward.
Don't get stressed on an ojs ride!

Ask the management where spohr is in the contract. It's not there.
Don't worry about "standards". Just do the methods completely. There's no rules against that.
Art 37 covers harassment. Use it.

C

chuchu

Here it's over allowed. You will get the saying you were 3 hours over. Once I was told that I was 5 hours over and worked 10 1/2 hours. So you are saying you sent me out with 5 1/2 hours worth of work. LOL BRAIN TRAIN.
They'll do a three day ride and theyll make sure your load is perfectly groomed for those three days.
After each ride they do a review here. It's always funny to hear their reaction when the drivers ask the sup where they "lost time during the day" in a review. They rarely have a clue how to answer that question.

oldngray

nowhere special
SPORH is a bogus metric. Not all stops are equal and somebody in an office decides everyone should magically improve by X% with no changes in routes. I was seldom close to their fantasy desired SPORH yet was near scratch on over allow. Business stops and multiple package stops (which were the majority of my route) took a lot longer than residential stops and there was greater time allowance to deliver them. Not to mention the frequent pocket dispatch to give me stops miles out of my way just to get to the inflated stops per car metric. Just be sure if they ride with you to do everything by the book with no shortcuts and you will easily look worse on paper and then they can yell at you all they want but you can just ignore them and go do your job.

oldngray

nowhere special
They'll do a three day ride and theyll make sure your load is perfectly groomed for those three days.
After each ride they do a review here. It's always funny to hear their reaction when the drivers ask the sup where they "lost time during the day" in a review. They rarely have a clue how to answer that question.

On my last time study I was below their time allowances for almost every part of day (except to and from time which was beyond my control and everyone got screwed on - even routes that jumped on freeway all the way to first stop ) and I still lost about 40 minutes total for the day. They couldn't explain where I lost all that time but the whole center got screwed. Its been many years since I saw a fair time study.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Piss on all that bunk, it's just noise. Grieve any and all discipline, push the ball back in thier court, they'll drop it as usual when forced to actually defend these garbage write ups. Give a call to Matt H. Down at the hall, he'll tell you the same thing.

upschuck

I've searched the whole contract word by word, don't see anything about having to meet SPOHR, or any of their other numbers. What do you mean by "progressive discipline"? File for harassment, if warranted.

upschuck

On my last time study I was below their time allowances for almost every part of day (except to and from time which was beyond my control and everyone got screwed on - even routes that jumped on freeway all the way to first stop ) and I still lost about 40 minutes total for the day. They couldn't explain where I lost all that time but the whole center got screwed. Its been many years since I saw a fair time study.

Wait until they do "virtual time studies"

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Never acknowledge stuff like SPORH and +/- times.

As soon as you do, you become the bull in the bullfight.

Instead, ask where SPORH is listed on your paycheck. When they can show you that, then you should worry.

island1fox

If you have been on the same route for a very long time and you are consistent ---say 125 total stops --total paid day ten hours.
When you are ojs'same area --same stops and you consistently work 8.5 hours -that is a problem.
Along with that problem --you constantly cry about and file over 9.5 grievances.

I would personally change my work behavior or you may not even see that paycheck in the future --Whats right is right. Some Drivers B.S. just one extra minute at each stop --and cannot see 2 hours of overtime.

If under supervision --you run + or - 15 minutes of YOUR normal total hours ---no worries --keep filing the 9.5 grievances ---citing the OJS rides --your spc will be adjusted--Whats right is right .

Be careful of taking advice from shi-house lawyers--If you cannot TALK to Management --Talk to your Union Rep.:peaceful:

Good Luck.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just wait until they install ORION and start hounding you about "compliance". You can bust your ass, take every shortcut you know and be super productive on a route, and the next morning they will bitch about what percentage you were "compliant" according to ORION. So that day you cooperate and go out and follow ORION the way they want you to, and the next morning they will be all over your ass about the drop in SPORH that resulted from you following their instructions!

The job gets easier once you accept the fact that you are going to wind up on one of their reports no matter what you do.

Just wait until they install ORION and start hounding you about "compliance". You can bust your ass, take every shortcut you know and be super productive on a route, and the next morning they will bitch about what percentage you were "compliant" according to ORION. So that day you cooperate and go out and follow ORION the way they want you to, and the next morning they will be all over your ass about the drop in SPORH that resulted from you following their instructions!

The job gets easier once you accept the fact that you are going to wind up on one of their reports no matter what you do.
Can't wait. I'll follow that thing till the cows come home. I was a 100% trace/ed follower and can't wait to be directed.

C

chuchu

If you have been on the same route for a very long time and you are consistent ---say 125 total stops --total paid day ten hours.
When you are ojs'same area --same stops and you consistently work 8.5 hours -that is a problem.
Along with that problem --you constantly cry about and file over 9.5 grievances.

I would personally change my work behavior or you may not even see that paycheck in the future --Whats right is right. Some Drivers B.S. just one extra minute at each stop --and cannot see 2 hours of overtime.

If under supervision --you run + or - 15 minutes of YOUR normal total hours ---no worries --keep filing the 9.5 grievances ---citing the OJS rides --your spc will be adjusted--Whats right is right .

Be careful of taking advice from shi-house lawyers--If you cannot TALK to Management --Talk to your Union Rep.:peaceful:

Good Luck.
Its not that easy. Same stop cnt, same miles, same bulk...maybe so. But they tailor your load, force you out of pick up compliance, walk on your heels, open doors for you, force you to ignore the same customers you see every day, constantly mentally harass the driver by constantly asking "where's your next stop?" as you stop complete the one you're at to try to control your mind and stress you out.
We have to work the same pace and do the right thing every day the same way and then note the discrepancies the management forces on you every day you have an ojs ride. I write them down at lunch and on my last break so I'm ready for a hearing. Honest days work for an honest day's pay. Just be and work honestly. And document. Hopefully you have a good steward and BA because they will try to nail you for "supervised vs unsupervised" to say you're stealing time.