SPORH Harrassment

Ouch

Don't worry about the preload. That's a race you'll never win.

Learn the methods, follow them religiously.

Sign your DVIR every day. Always use three points of contact.

Worry about what you can control. Do that, and you won't have to puff up your chest.

Let UPS worry about the rest.
I never understood why corners are cut by drivers. I would follow every rule and when they have nothing on you dare them to ask you why your 3 hours over. Play the game by their rules and you win every time.

browned out

There is no such thing as a lock in ride. They might pick apart your methods but if they do this then it's time to use other methods. They have methods to follow too. I've never met a manager that runs a clean operation. They all hide accidents and injuries. Needless to say service failures and all kinds of integrity issues. Most people don't understand this game but if they understand that you will go that route it a whole new ballgame.

Exactly, When mgmt starts harassing you, file grievances to find out why you are being treaty with disparity. Ask for all records of all drivers mph records. Why are the speeders not being disciplined for not following proper procedures and prescribed methods? we are instructed to not go over posted speed limits,
Ask to see the records showing if lunch is being taken by all drivers. If not,, ask why those drivers are not disciplined for not following the contract. File a grievance.
If mgmt keeps it up, go outside the union to a lawyeror apappropriate govt. agency.

Ron Carey lives on

Use Article 6, and Article 37 in the National Master to defend yourself and your people. Document, Document, Document. When they ask you a question, ask them one back. Respond vaguely, say " im doing the best I can". " they are your numbers not mine"

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Don't leave the center mad either, thats part of thier plan, get you mad and will harder or chase their standards to get them off your butt. Stay safe, make service, use THEIR methods, and don't let them in your head

Sent using BrownCafe App

'Lord Brown's bidding'

In no way shape or form do we as Teamsters recognize thier numbers period. " a fair days work for a fair days pay" only standards in your contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What is "a fair day's work"? Who makes and decides the standard? This phrase I see often in threads like this, but it's not defined. In the contract, under article 37, it says this, while also saying we will work in a manner 'supporting the best interests of UPS'. Who determines what those are? These are honest questions; they are not necessarily driving to a point; I say 'necessarily' because I do have thoughts on those questions, but I am curious as to what others think.

I do wish people would stop referring to SPORH as a made up number. It isn't, and is more a simple formula: number of stops, divided by the amount of time spent on road (so excluding AM and PM time). There's nothing made up about it, and while their SPORH target for you may seem arbitrary, I doubt it is out of thin air. However, ultimately the SPORH will be based on what you demonstrate your best performance on the route to be. If they are "threatening" to do an OJS, let em. No need for hostility, the "Why are you talking to me?! This is UNSAFE!" Pull over, let them talk; that time spent helps you, either in training or because it's time spent not doing the job, and helps keep the SPORH down.

Last edited:

'Lord Brown's bidding'

The last few times I've had a semi-performance ride done-I say 'semi' because they all lasted for only one day; I think they were referred to as "methods rides", although that may just be local jargon-not only did the "harassment" stop, the supe said he could see I wasn't trying to stick them, and had some legitimate issues outside my control. They fixed a couple things, but more importantly, they left me alone, because I acquiesced, rather than fought.

Towards the end of those rides, after the tension was gone and we were relaxed, they would describe the types of guys they love to bust, and have been successful busting, and they generally describe exactly how some of you appear in this thread. Acting that way can make you a target, and while they won't necessarily succeed in pushing you, it is needless drama.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I never understood why corners are cut by drivers. I would follow every rule and when they have nothing on you dare them to ask you why your 3 hours over. Play the game by their rules and you win every time.
I think I'm a total of 3 hours over in my career.

Ms.PacMan

image.jpg

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
I couldn't agree more!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Don't leave the center mad either, thats part of thier plan, get you mad and will harder or chase their standards to get them off your butt. Stay safe, make service, use THEIR methods, and don't let them in your head

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is one of the smartest tidbits ever posted on here! Every driver should read this and take it to heart!