sporh production lock in

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
13.83, very bad day, pick ups not ready, late air, what could be worse on a 3 day ride, like normal stuff happening.
Next I get to review it and get locked in, I cant wait. :wink2:
It was tough being flawless for three days, but Ive been working on it, and its like a breeze. I cant help what they put behind my door, I can only try to get it out, on time.

Actually I dont remember how many people on here, and thanks to every one, have said, "do it their way" and relax.
It works.

I did find out a guy here grieved and won the potty break thing right before he retired, because he had to go at start time, and was told to put it in as a break. Was asked "why didnt you go five minutes ago" and he replied "I didnt have to go five minutes ago"
Sometimes our bodies just cannot adjust to UPS rules, like our minds have to. And that is just the way it rolls.

tourists24

13.83, very bad day, pick ups not ready, late air, what could be worse on a 3 day ride, like normal stuff happening.
Next I get to review it and get locked in, I cant wait. :wink2:
It was tough being flawless for three days, but Ive been working on it, and its like a breeze. I cant help what they put behind my door, I can only try to get it out, on time.

Actually I dont remember how many people on here, and thanks to every one, have said, "do it their way" and relax.
It works.

I did find out a guy here grieved and won the potty break thing right before he retired, because he had to go at start time, and was told to put it in as a break. Was asked "why didnt you go five minutes ago" and he replied "I didnt have to go five minutes ago"
Sometimes our bodies just cannot adjust to UPS rules, like our minds have to. And that is just the way it rolls.
Glad to hear you are happy with the outcome.... is this more/less than you usually run? If the numbers dont add up they may not lock you in. The last year I had my mall route they did 3 3 day rides and I never got locked in because my production went down when they rode with me. Should be interesting

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Glad to hear you are happy with the outcome.... is this more/less than you usually run? If the numbers dont add up they may not lock you in. The last year I had my mall route they did 3 3 day rides and I never got locked in because my production went down when they rode with me. Should be interesting

It doesn't matter because it's just a bluff.
It will never amount to anything real.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No actually he said, "looks like you run the same every day with or without supervision" The route changes so much daily it will always be an argument, I really dont care anymore, I work as best I can coz my goal is just to go home. Ill get it done, screw me and it wont be pretty, it cant be, but I will always get it done. My last lock in was 13.8 to 14.2, but they lost the paperwork, this time I will save it for them. this time it was 13.8 to 14.1. Didnt change much, LOL

DS

Fenderbender
I had my first today.They have my Max at 94(del) from the virtual time study.
WE ended up with 74 today,9:15 start,and punched out @ 19:48
9.5 is 19:35
He said I was an excellent driver
good methods selection time
got told NOT to get a signature unless prompted
walk BEHIND the pkg car...ok guilty...
I'm lucky,my sup is pretty cool

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Got told to get a sig if person met me at door. Walked behind the p car, unless grass and crappy looking tree lawn, then I go around the block or cross in front.
No folding of mirrors.
Good for you DS, just dont get too comfy and chummy......
They eat their own, they will eat us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I promise you management does not look at it this way. Here is their perspective, they still believe "over and scratch" are accurate measurements but they are using another mystery number to make them look flexible and less rigid. It's about "accountability" -- getting rid of people or at least building a case to attempt it. It's the new UPS, hold the driver accountable for everything and management for nothing. When they do all these ridiculous add/cuts in the morning most of the time the ignorant friend/T supervisors forget to tell drivers what extra pickups they have -- so naturally nobody picks them up. International, next day air stuff sitting out on someones dock all night and weekend -- great business decision there. No manager got a warning letter or suspension for that one, it's their company we just work here, let them run it straight into the ground.

The most recent DIAD upgrade included a feature where the PDS can transfer pickups from driver to driver when he does add/cuts. My PDS, and I suspect many others, does/do not know how to do this and simply prints out the pickup log(s) and highlights the pickups that need to be covered.

upserr1

No actually he said, "looks like you run the same every day with or without supervision" The route changes so much daily it will always be an argument, I really dont care anymore, I work as best I can coz my goal is just to go home. Ill get it done, screw me and it wont be pretty, it cant be, but I will always get it done. My last lock in was 13.8 to 14.2, but they lost the paperwork, this time I will save it for them. this time it was 13.8 to 14.1. Didnt change much, LOL

They lost the paperwork because it didn't work to their benefit.They will always push for production you do what they want and then that's not good anymore,will always look for more.Every day is different they get what they get from me I'll take my breaks an my lunch which is what the want you to run the hell with them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The most recent DIAD upgrade included a feature where the PDS can transfer pickups from driver to driver when he does add/cuts. My PDS, and I suspect many others, does/do not know how to do this and simply prints out the pickup log(s) and highlights the pickups that need to be covered.

Ours know how to use it. They still forget to put the right pickups on the right route. As usual, we save the day for them. Maybe we should come up with a mgmnt warning letter we can hand them every time they make a mistake. See how they like it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ours know how to use it. They still forget to put the right pickups on the right route. As usual, we save the day for them. Maybe we should come up with a mgmnt warning letter we can hand them every time they make a mistake. See how they like it.
I was in a grieve meeting once about the issue of being late to work. I can't give any details, but this part is hilarious. The dispatcher was late that same morning. I insisted on fairness. Preload sup gave dispatcher a verbal warning for being late. I will NEVER forget the look on her face while giving the warning or his face for her actually delivering the warning to her supervisor. LOL!! It was GREAT!!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Good for you DS, just dont get too comfy and chummy......
They eat their own, they will eat us.

They keep trying to eat us, but the moment that their teeth hit that tough union shell they have to spit us out. We get up, wipe the slobber off, and get back to work while they are still coughing and gagging and looking around for something soft and vulnerable to devour. Its too bad they never seem to learn.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I had my first today.They have my Max at 94(del) from the virtual time study.
WE ended up with 74 today,9:15 start,and punched out @ 19:48
9.5 is 19:35
He said I was an excellent driver
good methods selection time
got told NOT to get a signature unless prompted
walk BEHIND the pkg car...ok guilty...
I'm lucky,my sup is pretty cool

Is this because you work in a safe DR area, or because they want to bring you to the highest possible SPORH for the ride?

hypocrisy

Banned
Good for you putting up with the 3 days of BS and figuring out the right way to work at UPS.

Most drivers lose time either talking or sorting, and if you aren't doing too much of that you won't have much they can come up with. I always found that the BS stuff they came up with added time to my day instead of the opposite (and it's the same way in Feeders). So relax and smile and say "no problem boss, I can do it that way!" and laugh your way to the bank. Never sort, avoid small talk, follow trace, don't think, take your full meals and breaks, Hydrate frequently, use the bathroom when you need to, and let their plan fail. Drive every day like the Center Manager is in the jump seat and when he is it will be just another day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
....Never sort, avoid small talk, follow trace, don't think, take your full meals and breaks, Hydrate frequently, use the bathroom when you need to, and let their plan fail. Drive every day like the Center Manager is in the jump seat and when he is it will be just another day.

"Allowing their plan to fail" is the part that is always the hardest for me.

I understand the need for it. You can think of it as "tough love" or "not being an enabler" and it is absolutely necessary to do, but it runs counter to my basic instinct to do the best job that I possibly can. Try as I might, I still find myself occasionally "bending" the rules or jumping thru hoops I shouldnt have to jump thru in order to minimize the consequences of my dispatch team's chronic incompetence.

Its sort of like dealing with a chronic alcoholic...which is something I have personal experience with. You come home and once again they are passed out on the floor next to a puddle of their own vomit, and your instinct is to once again mop up the puke and clean up the mess they have made and tuck them into bed next to a glass of water and some aspirin. But what you have to do instead...is to walk away and allow them to lie on that floor and wake up with dried puke in their hair, 2 hours late for work with a sickening hangover. Once they get tired enough of the natural consequences of their choices, they will (hopefully) start making different ones. Or maybe they wont. But nothing will ever change if you keep enabling.

Thats why they call it "tough love", because its just as tough on the person giving it as it is on the one receiving it.