Spread of Mexico flu

satellitedriver

Does anyone remember the mid 1970's?
There was a swine flu scare back then and we all lined up like mindless cattle and got a vaccination.
Then the government announced, "OOPS! there is no swine flu.".
In the meantime, numerous people became seriously ill, and some died, from the vaccine. Something called "Guillain-Barre Syndrome". It's my understanding this illness can have serious, long term effects and is not something to mess with.

PS- when you get your next flu shot be sure to read the waiver they want you to sign real close. I believe Guillain-Barre Syndrome is listed as one of the possible complication from vaccination therapy.
Wow,
I guess they messed up vaccinating all of us for Polio and Small Pox
(plus many other vaccines) in the 60's.
I wonder why we no longer have either of these in America.
Please, clue me in 1trick?

I cut this next quote out of this link;
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/gbs.htm

"Guillain-Barré syndrome is rare. Usually Guillain-Barré occurs a few days or weeks after the patient has had symptoms of a respiratory or gastrointestinal viral infection. Occasionally, surgery or vaccinations will trigger the syndrome."

1Trick,
It is a syndrome, not a direct effect of vaccination.
I remember the mid 70's and that scare. I also remember that I never knew anyone that lined up for that vaccine.

WASHINGTON — The first U.S. death from swine flu has been confirmed — a 23-month-old child in Texas — amid increasing global anxiety over a health menace that authorities around the world are struggling to contain.

LINK

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Call hazmat responders if You have a pkg on car from S Texas or Ca. or New Mexico!! Way too close to Mexico!! Maybe the Islamic Terrorist are teaming up with Mexico to kill us all to get back The Alamo and take over the whole U.S!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey Cove, don't forget AZ. We are as close to Mexico as Texas is. LOL Thank god we haven't had any reported cases yet.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
... if i got swine flu i would come into work and run into every managers office coughing on there keyboards. ...

Why wait? No time like the present.

Typical call-in-sick;

UPS: "Hello, UPS, May I help you?" (ok, I'll be serious)

UPS: "YaWhat?"

Driver: "Yeah, this is Bob, I can't come in today."

UPS: "Bob, you know that (insert any day of the year here) is our busiest day. You are coming in. What's wrong with you?

Driver: "I was up at 2am doing the family farm work, I fell into the combine, I think I lost my right arm. I'm stuck in the machine, calling from my cell"

UPS: "Bob, we have to talk about your days off, this is getting ridiculous. You just had off (sound of shuffling papers) in June of 1986. Come in now.

Driver: "But I'm stuck in the machine. I can't get out. I think I'm losing consciousness. And in 1986 I had to drive my father to the hospital, he had a heart attack"

UPS: "Yeah, but he survived, so it was not a big deal. When I drove back in (insert another century here), I lost both eyes and still came in to drive. Plus, we have a very important PCM today on how to walk using both legs, alternately. You are coming in"

Driver: "I'm seeing a light at the end of a tunnel - you sound faint. I can't even get out of the combine, let alone drive in"

UPS: "Can you get your father to drive you?"

trickpony1

Occasionally, surgery or vaccinations will trigger the syndrome."

1Trick,
It is a syndrome, not a direct effect of vaccination.
I remember the mid 70's and that scare. I also remember that I never knew anyone that lined up for that vaccine.

In all your wisdom, you may want to goggle the word "syndrome".

"Syndrome" can roughly be defined as "....a cluster of symptoms".

It doesn't matter how you got it. A syndrome is a syndrome.

Have you considered that maybe I know someone that has been stricken with GBS? Do you?

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
News flash, confirmed today, April 29, 2009. 2 cases of swine flu reported in Lowell Ma, 2 brothers in middle school came back from vacation in Mexico this past week as they were on school vacation, they stated they are not in the hospital and are recovering at home, no word on how serious they were and how they are now. Boy does this hit close to home!:anxious:

Just got word, 8 and 10 years old, they go to parochial school, but did not specify the school name.

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Mekanik they mentioned that on WBZ the other nite,but you say now that its confirmed.What a shame,lets all hope HE watches over them for a speedy recovery!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Call hazmat responders if You have a pkg on car from S Texas or Ca. or New Mexico!! Way too close to Mexico!! Maybe the Islamic Terrorist are teaming up with Mexico to kill us all to gebackThe Alamo and take over the whole U.S!!

I vote to give them the Alamo back - its nothing but another tourist trap now days (I'm fully prepared to hear from you Texans- bring it on):happy2: