Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Overpaid Union Thug

They make no where near what we make in America from what I hear. I find it hard to believe they are treated and pushed anywhere near the way we are. I imagine it being like a FedEx express atmosphere.
When UPS expanded into Germany we had a terrible time finding Germans that were willing to do the job. We mainly hired foreign "guest workers" because most Germans looked down on driving a delivery truck for a living. The ones that did work weren't exactly willing to adopt the American way of being a UPS driver. Europeans work to live. Not the other way around. I would like to find a happy medium in there somewhere. LOL!

rod

Retired 22 years
When UPS expanded into Germany we had a terrible time finding Germans that were willing to do the job. We mainly hired foreign "guest workers" because most Germans looked down on driving a delivery truck for a living. The ones that did work weren't exactly willing to adopt the American way of being a UPS driver. Europeans work to live. Not the other way around. I would like to find a happy medium in there somewhere. LOL!

If I remember right the first time we started in Germany was a disaster and one of the sticking points was that UPS wouldn't allow the German drivers to have a beer at lunch. After a big up roar UPS pulled out for a another year or two before they tried it again---this time allowing a beer with lunch. You don't mess with a Germans beer.

Overpaid Union Thug

If I remember right the first time we started in Germany was a disaster and one of the sticking points was that UPS wouldn't allow the German drivers to have a beer at lunch. After a big up roar UPS pulled out for a another year or two before they tried it again---this time allowing a beer with lunch. You don't mess with a Germans beer.
The beer and Germans weren't about to run their asses off to deliver packages and they sure as hell weren't working the same hours as an American UPS driver.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Foreign "guest worker" usually means Turkish in Germany.