Sr. Mgr. Says...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Along with the idea of combined Ground/Express dispatch operations. I remember when that was going to happen any minute now, LOL.

Ground has been hiring away Express Dispatchers and Express managers have been moving over to Ground, or did you even know that? It's coming, but you're not capable of seeing the obvious. When you wipe Fred's butt for him, does he leave you a tip?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ground has been hiring away Express Dispatchers and Express managers have been moving over to Ground, or did you even know that?

We were promised integrated dispatch, not "Express people quitting Express to go to work for Ground." Stop changing your story (again).

It's coming, but you're not capable of seeing the obvious. When you wipe Fred's butt for him, does he leave you a tip?

Is your wife as disappointed in your failure as you are?

...2 and 3 day P2 not going away. I was off Friday, missed the meeting, but mgr told me Sr. answered alot of questions about rumors. Said couriers weren't getting buyouts too. Mgr said that may still be possible if not enough take it in first two rounds, but I suspect he's trying to keep me from quitting. I pointed out my $1.42hr increase in pay over 5 years to him last week and I get the feeling he thinks I'm about to walk. Can't come soon enough but it'll be awhile yet. Tell him to blow you.......a kiss...lol

On buyouts, have to figure those in their late 50's with a good pension would want to take it so no way company will give buyouts to people who'll be quitting soon enough. So it's dead in the water. Way to go FedEx, telling us ALL employees with at least 5 continuous years are eligible. Brilliant.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We were promised integrated dispatch, not "Express people quitting Express to go to work for Ground." Stop changing your story (again).

Is your wife as disappointed in your failure as you are?

"Integrated Dispatch" implies a merging of operations. Did you make it through high school? Junior high? At least my wife isn't a Golden Member. I hear she spends some big bucks there.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Prove it.

Ask your manager. I don't have access to company documents. I know that Ground is actively recruiting Ground dispatchers and that several Express Dispatch managers have moved over to the Ground side. How do you propose I prove that?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
MFE,
As we both know, and you've been doing on this site since 2007, anybody can say anything. You're the king of the newest, scariest info. about FedEx Express collapsing on this whole site. From now on, I'm just gonna ask you to prove every wild statement you make.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE,
As we both know, and you've been doing on this site since 2007, anybody can say anything. You're the king of the newest, scariest info. about FedEx Express collapsing on this whole site. From now on, I'm just gonna ask you to prove every wild statement you make.

Whatever. Be gullible and rationalize away your fears. All I'm saying is what I've seen happening and why it seems to be happening. Why would Ground be hiring Express personnel? I'm guessing you can put two and two together. Perhaps not.

CJinx

Whatever. Be gullible and rationalize away your fears. All I'm saying is what I've seen happening and why it seems to be happening. Why would Ground be hiring Express personnel? I'm guessing you can put two and two together. Perhaps not.
You should be a stock analyst for MSNBC or something. You seem to be able to see the writing on the wall that isn't even there and be able to guess what wild plan the executives of the company are working on to screw express couriers specifically based on fantasy conjecture and a negative bias.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would hope that you know that the both of us are on the same education level.

Maybe, but education has nothing to do with it. Why would Express dispatchers and managers be moving over to Ground? They are, and continue to be doing so. What other conclusion can be drawn?

serco

No ground terminal has dispatch. All pickups are put into the hand held at the beginning of the day! So if ground is recruting express. It would be for a different job title than dispatch.

STFXG

That's the point. Ground isn't recruiting express. Why would ground need your dispatchers? Are you suggesting the contractor model is coming to an end MFE? That would be the only reason we would need expresses dispatchers.

And ground almost always promotes from within for management positions. Promotions and transfers.

Edit: promotes for anything higher than a low level service manager or sort manager. They do hire outside for those positions. But usually sort managers come from being loaders. But they don't recruit.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's the point. Ground isn't recruiting express. Why would ground need your dispatchers? Are you suggesting the contractor model is coming to an end MFE? That would be the only reason we would need expresses dispatchers.

And ground almost always promotes from within for management positions. Promotions and transfers.

Edit: promotes for anything higher than a low level service manager or sort manager. They do hire outside for those positions. But usually sort managers come from being loaders. But they don't recruit.

They are recruiting Express Dispatchers and Managers so you can have a dispatch function. This implies that Ground will be doing disptached pickups in the near future, which would synch well with E2 going over to Ground.

This isn't rocket science. Why else would these people be moving over to Ground?

vantexan

They are recruiting Express Dispatchers and Managers so you can have a dispatch function. This implies that Ground will be doing disptached pickups in the near future, which would synch well with E2 going over to Ground.

This isn't rocket science. Why else would these people be moving over to Ground?

I don't know, if they start putting that on Ground drivers at their pay rate I bet you'd see alot more turnover.