Stacking Boxes: Part of the Job or Courtesy?

Cementups

Box Monkey
This is all happened before the noon-commit contract. The fact that wanted it before 10 when i didn't even get to the mall till 11 was what amazed me.

babboo25

Banned
Say your a new driver and the customer demands you take pkgs downstairs or put them up on shelves and you do it and get hurt. I wonder what UPS would say about that. I have a few dentist offices that ask me to take the big stuff downstairs. Its almost always latex gloves or paper towels so I just slide them down the stairs and they are fine with that.

Overpaid Union Thug

The only problem with Gamestop is that we are contractually obligated to have them delivered by noon. I deliver my store about 1/2 hour before they open and the manager appreciates that. I pull up to the store and lay on the horn as she is usually either on the phone or in the back so that she can open the door. It works out well for me and for her. I then have to ODS to OMS how many pkgs and what time I delivered.

I have delivered there lots of times. Off and on for the past 4 years and didn't know they had a noon commit time until the other day. They should show up on the commit screen like the NDAs and other stores do.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The only problem with Gamestop is that we are contractually obligated to have them delivered by noon. I deliver my store about 1/2 hour before they open and the manager appreciates that. I pull up to the store and lay on the horn as she is usually either on the phone or in the back so that she can open the door. It works out well for me and for her. I then have to ODS to OMS how many pkgs and what time I delivered.

I have delivered there lots of times. Off and on for the past 4 years and didn't know they had a noon commit time until the other day. They should show up on the commit screen like the NDAs and other stores do.

I deliver to Toy R Us and Gamestop, which are both 12pm commits. In my diad next to these stops it shows a 1200 commit time, just like the 1030 commit time for air. When there is 20 mins left these 2 stops and any 12pm payroll commits, move up to the first stop in my board. I do like you, upstate, and get there early as possible, usually with my air, which keeps these customers happy, and I get rid of this bulk quickly. I have these stops set as RDR and RDC, which helps even more.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It always amazes me how rude customers can be. Stacking is a courtesy not a requirement. That being said if customers are easy to get along with and are courteous goes along ways to my willingness to stack. We have one customer that likes their boxes stacked so the labels are facing out. For the most part that is easy to accomplish but if the customer had been rude about it I would never be doing it.

I was delivering to a Family Dollar the other day. This guy comes out of the office and tells me that I have to take the pkgs to his office. Hmmmmm Really? Wanna bet it ever happens? Not with me it won't. I go in the front door to the register. If it doesn't get signed for there it will come back the next day.

Had a problem with Sonic one time. Went to the front and waited and waited. Finally got tired of waiting, sheeted it NR and took it to the manager at home. I love rtes that I know THAT well. Needless to say I never had another problem again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I always tell the customers that I will move the packages a reasonable distance to recieving point as long as they maintain a clear and direct path to that point. It is not my responsibility to clear a path or move items that are already there. It is not my responsibility to sort their incoming packages and deliver them to various points within a store. I will, to the best of my ability, neatly stack the packages if space is limited but ultimately it is their responsibility to maintain an orderly and uncluttered recieving area.

dsee02

At our Disney store it must be delivered between 11 and 1. You ring the doorbell scan boxes leave them at the edge of the pkg car and they unload them. Never had any trouble.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At our Disney store it must be delivered between 11 and 1. You ring the doorbell scan boxes leave them at the edge of the pkg car and they unload them. Never had any trouble.

Just curious, "they" wouldn't be 7 little guys named bashful, doc, dopey, grumpy, happy, sleepy and sneezy?

New Englander

We have one little country store on one of our routes that has an Orvis room out back. We as drivers do deliver the Orvis stuff out back as we can drive to the door and all the boxes are CLEARLY labeled by Orvis, even though they are addresses to the generic store.

Last time I was there they wanted me to start moving the "food" stuff to the food area, candles over by the candles etc.....

I laughed at them. Said I would do the Orvis (I consider it two stops) then no more. They actually said it was a problem since they do not staff people to move the boxes at that time. (all old lady's)

I asked them if they still wanted there stuff 11ish or 6ish. It was their choice.

I'm one of the easist going guys on route - but I'm not doing their freaken jobs for them.

rod

Retired 22 years
It all boils down to how much you like a customer. I had some I would bend over backwards for and some I wouldn't give the time of day to.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When I deliver Barnes N Noble, I set the magazines on one side of receiving and the books and such on the other side. I deliver Music directly to the music area and count the total delivery as 2 seperate stops. If I deliver to differing locations at the same stop, I count them as seperate stops, all signed by different people.