Staff at Dist and Reg are announced!!!

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
All ops managers are the same pay grade as division managers-that's coming from a guy who just retired from corporate hub and feeder. Until these recent consolidations, the ops manager was responsible for package and hub operations. Maybe there are some grade 19's other than this corp guy still lurking around, but I assure you that ops managers and division managers are the same grade even though one has way more responsibilities than the other. division manager to ops manager is a lateral move that sets you up for the next promotion to district manager. just as a hub manager to OE manager is a lateral move to set someone up for a promotion to division manager. does it make sense? no, and like all else at UPS, why would it make sense? lol. another example of this is that a hub division manager and a region hub coordinator (who has way more responsibility) are still both grade 18 division managers.

I agree with Tech girl. In our district, division manager reports directly to the operations manager who reports to district manager. I can't see them being the same grade - but I guess here at UPS anything is possible.

pretzel_man

not true. ops managers are grade 18. there was only one grade 19 in the country (the corp transportation training coordinator) and he just retired after 34 years.

There are lots and lots of grade 19's today. Its a pretty silly grade since the pay differential between a 19 and an 18 is very small.

Rumor is that many of the new ops manager positions will be grade 20. Nothing 100% sure on that.

HR will be changing the grade system. Grade 19's will likely go away all together.

P-Man

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
There are lots and lots of grade 19's today. Its a pretty silly grade since the pay differential between a 19 and an 18 is very small.

Rumor is that many of the new ops manager positions will be grade 20. Nothing 100% sure on that.

HR will be changing the grade system. Grade 19's will likely go away all together.

P-Man

I'M wondering, if grade 19's do disappear will these new grade 20's get an increase in pay? If you look at the TYPICAL UPS DISTRICT IN THE NEW STRUCTURE it is very clear that the division managers report to operation manager and transportation ops manager. Very silly if the pay differential is very small.
Any news or rumors when the new divisions will be decided or made public and when division managers will receive their assignments?

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
I think they already have their assignments!!!!!! Look on upsers.com

they announced the district staff, which includes division managers. But supposedly, the division managers weren't told which division they would be assigned to. I thought I read on upsers that each division would have approx 400 drivers, which would mean consolidating some divisions.

UPSSOCKS

they announced the district staff, which includes division managers. But supposedly, the division managers weren't told which division they would be assigned to. I thought I read on upsers that each division would have approx 400 drivers, which would mean consolidating some divisions.

It's already been decided... The division managers knew their new assigment but weren't allowed to tell. On Tuesday (March 30) all division managers will be at their new post.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
It's already been decided... The division managers knew their new assigment but weren't allowed to tell. On Tuesday (March 30) all division managers will be at their new post.

So it looks like it has already been decided where the divisions will be and which centers will be consolidated... I don't think center-level managers have found it what their future in the new structure will be....

UPSSOCKS

So it looks like it has already been decided where the divisions will be and which centers will be consolidated... I don't think center-level managers have found it what their future in the new structure will be....

I don't know if we will know right away. To calm the storm center level mangers will be reassigned throughout the year...

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I don't know if we will know right away. To calm the storm center level mangers will be reassigned throughout the year...

Retirement and early outs will create shortages in some areas. Consolidations will create excess in other areas. All the managers may not know their final destination, but there are a significant number that will get assignments prior to May 28. I look for the structure to be announced around the same time. I also expect a lot of managers to fill open supervisor positions.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!

Your right on it... New division line-up was on our morning report for Monday. Division Mgrs still claiming they dont know where they will be assigned... Most of the divisions took on other centers - much larger divisions.