Staggered Suspensions?

Xexys

Retired and Happy
So, as the title of the thread suggests, they most assuredly will stagger the suspensions of the 250 drivers of L804. Will the affected drivers try to use vacation time to fill in the gap? Surely, UPS will not allow them to take vacation when their time is up for suspension?

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe let them take pay instead of time off for scheduled vacations which would indirectly let them get paid for suspension.

upschuck

I think you give UPS too much credit for their sympathy towards the drivers. Remember, they cost UPS a lot of money and reputation points because of their actions. If they were going to do that, why not just put the suspension in everyone's file and let them work it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Around here people would fight over suspended days, they might even pay you so run their route and they'll serve your suspension. Wouldn't be the first time.

browned out

I would not accept the 2 week suspension. Reyes in my opinion should defintely file with the NLRB if he was not granted his Weingarten rights or if he was treated differently than other employees who started earlier than their scheduled start times. This could have far reaching benefits to the other discharged drivers.

Feederquacker

Perhaps UPS will allow the suspended drivers to work part of their vacations.
As long as they aren't displacing anyone, sure. They would prob let them run a route. If I were a swing or cover driver there, no way would I stand for someone on vacation taking work away from me by working their vacation though. Done at the right time.... shouldn't be a problem though it won't work for everyone.

Notretiredyet

Giving all those days off would be a logistics nightmare for the company, 2500 days off in one building would cripple it. More than likely most will never get time off only the 10 day suspension letter.

teamster 804

First off there are trainees all over the place so they will use them and abuse them for 30 days like they always do then cut them lose,that will help fill the gap.Secondly I don't know about Maspeth but in my bldg drivers go home on a daily basis walking out like a parade of idiots without pay.So if that's the same case in Maspeth they will still cut the loads but not let drivers go home.Between the two issues I mentioned that will solve the suspension theory problem.As far as all of those suspensions go correct me if I am wrong but there will be no money going into our pension for all those days lost.More loss for our local.So while all these suspensions are being carried out and money being lost for all we will still be paying Liam roughly 125000 a year and he is not even going to be working for our members because I am hearing he is banned from all Ups facilities.So sit back local 804 and watch as your money burns.Should have never happened period by no excuse.

Sent using BrownCafe App