Staggered warehouse times

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm probably the most easy going supervisor you would ever have at this company. I just have a low tolerance for bull sh**. I'll bend over backwards for anybody who comes to me with questions and doesn't think they already know the answer. You're one of those guys who thinks he's a hot shot who is going to tear it up and knows how to run things better than I do. Guess what buddy? If you punched me in the jaw I'd flatten you and have your position staffed before you even hit the ground. If you knew a tenth of what you claim to know you wouldn't be shuffling parts over a counter at a dealership and working PT at UPS. You'd be in some high paying job elsewhere.

Instead you're loading trailers in the Orlando hub playing tough guy on the internet.
Questions? It's cardboard not quantam physics.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You've never had a question about your job?
Nah, I made sure I received proper initial training.
Sorry, almost forgot you are better than literally everyone else

27 years in and I still ask questions when I am not sure about something.

Last month I was going through EDD and saw something I had never seen before so I asked my PDS and he didn't know either. Turns out it was an appointment delivery.

AutoZone

BrownPower
They are probably are newly created 22.3 and going to part-time.
That would be a terrible thing!! UPS and their PT jobs are killing everyone... These pt tcd's are making guys nuts!! No one knows when they'll get the call.. If you have a day job and you get a call at 7:45am.. You have to tell them no cause you're already on your way to your day job.. No notice.. And if you say you can't make it, they may not call you again.. Hearing lots of grievances being filed lately over that nonsense.. People with less then a year are CD driving everyday.. when theirs guys that have 3-5 years that don't even get called anymore... Sad everyone needs to dangle by the UPS string.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That would be a terrible thing!! UPS and their PT jobs are killing everyone... These pt tcd's are making guys nuts!! No one knows when they'll get the call.. If you have a day job and you get a call at 7:45am.. You have to tell them no cause you're already on your way to your day job.. No notice.. And if you say you can't make it, they may not call you again.. Hearing lots of grievances being filed lately over that nonsense.. People with less then a year are CD driving everyday.. when theirs guys that have 3-5 years that don't even get called anymore... Sad everyone needs to dangle by the UPS string.
That's the way it's always been in the southern supplement. It's not going to change. That's why you figure a way to make it work if you want to drive. If not, too bad so sad.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What grievance would they have? If they turn down work or DQ themselves from cover driving,they don't have a grievance on lesser senior drivers working. Also TCDs have no guarantee to work everyday.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That's the way it's always been in the southern supplement. It's not going to change. That's why you figure a way to make it work if you want to drive. If not, too bad so sad.
Still can't believe the union is okay with TCDs. From my end it's great. Flexibility galore. As an ORS, I'd love to have them. But at the same time, it's not fair for people. Not knowing when or if you're going to work. Really can't have another job on the side unless you own a business. Just a shady practice IMO.

AutoZone

BrownPower
What grievance would they have? If they turn down work or DQ themselves from cover driving,they don't have a grievance on lesser senior drivers working. Also TCDs have no guarantee to work everyday.
Still can't believe the union is okay with TCDs. From my end it's great. Flexibility galore. As an ORS, I'd love to have them. But at the same time, it's not fair for people. Not knowing when or if you're going to work. Really can't have another job on the side unless you own a business. Just a shady practice IMO.
The grievances are when they show up in the mornings instead of waiting for a call, and they see less senoity drivers coming in to work.. And they ask how come you didn't call me? And the sups response, (according to the tcd) we called you a week ago and you didn't answer. We thought you weren't interested in driving anymore. That's BS!!

and frigid.. I couldn't agree more! Something needs to be done about all the tcd's.. They just keep adding them instead of making ft routes.. They just put up 3 ft bid routes... And 15 Saturday driving bids a month ago... How come these aren't being taken by all these tcd's?? Am I missing something?

wayfair

swollen member
what troubles me are the the TCD's that get a layoff when people under them are working. It 's supposed to go from the bottom up.... Took a day, they charged opt 3 and there were 3 tcd layoff's .... hmmmmm

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The grievances are when they show up in the mornings instead of waiting for a call, and they see less senoity drivers coming in to work.. And they ask how come you didn't call me? And the sups response, (according to the tcd) we called you a week ago and you didn't answer. We thought you weren't interested in driving anymore. That's BS!!

and frigid.. I couldn't agree more! Something needs to be done about all the tcd's.. They just keep adding them instead of making ft routes.. They just put up 3 ft bid routes... And 15 Saturday driving bids a month ago... How come these aren't being taken by all these tcd's?? Am I missing something?
TCDs won't change unless the supplement changes. To do that, you have to get involved at your Union meetings so that next contract, it can be brought up.

I'll never understand why UPS staggers the time in the warehouse thru the week... This passed week Monday start was 5:20.. By Friday it was 6:30. Now I understand the volume aspect.. But why push the start time back so far, and then sups complain all night about not making deadlines and start freaking out.. Why not start early to allow the extra time to hit those deadlines..??? Does that not make sense? We clear up the volume early, we go home early.. But no.. Sups make everyone start later, to miss air deadlines, and pull their hair out.. Kinda funny tho.. Just curious if anyone else has wondered this, or if there's a real answer behind it..
Management starts later because they want the pre-load to leave with little X amount of hours at the end of them clocking out therefore putting their numbers @ stake.

Drink Craft Beer

At my Hub...staggered start times means that pre-loaders aren't all starting at the same time.

There are some who are scheduled to start 10mins later than the rest of the shift.