Stampede in Mecca kills 717.

BrownArmy

Some of your comparisons are bizarre.

The Koran clearly references acts that defy any Christian ideals. I could enumerate them but they all involve eliminating non believers.

A moderate muslim will/can become radical at a moments notice hinging on the size of the threat to him/her and his/her family. Ever heard of "terror"?

Um, there are plenty of things in the Bible that are 'clearly stated' that I'm certain you don't follow.

Why is there a difference in your mind?

trickpony1

Um, there are plenty of things in the Bible that are 'clearly stated' that I'm certain you don't follow.

Try to stay within the scope of one religion (islam) wanting to eliminate/remove any "competition" to their ideals/philosophy......will ya?

I don't claim to be a biblical scholar and I bet you aren't either but I'm reasonably sure the Bible doesn't extoll some of the violent acts described in the Koran.

Last I heard, the Bible encourages temperance not gangland style slaughter/terror.

Let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Try to stay within the scope of one religion (islam) wanting to eliminate/remove any "competition" to their ideals/philosophy......will ya?

I don't claim to be a biblical scholar and I bet you aren't either but I'm reasonably sure the Bible doesn't extoll some of the violent acts described in the Koran.

Last I heard, the Bible encourages temperance not gangland style slaughter/terror.

You're wrong. You're welcome.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Crusades?

BrownArmy

Let's see, the Pope is canonizing a Spanish missionary (Junípero Serra) who developed the systems and the machinery, so to speak, that killed over 150,000 natives in what is now called California.

It get's tricky keeping score about which type of Religion kills more than the other.

I think it's safe to say...RELIGION KILLS!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Let's see, the Pope is canonizing a Spanish missionary (Junípero Serra) who developed the systems and the machinery, so to speak, that killed over 150,000 natives in what is now called California.

It get's tricky keeping score about which type of Religion kills more than the other.

I think it's safe to say...RELIGION KILLS!
So, does that mean you're not signing up for the CA. mission tour this Oct. ???

trickpony1

Maybe I missed it but I don't know of any events recently where Christians flew passenger jets (with passengers) into buildings, beheaded people, threw people off buildings, hung people, burned people alive or put people in cages and drown them. I could be wrong.

Let's try to stay in the "here and now".....some people want to deflect to the Crusades which happened a number of years ago.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Maybe some of these clowns at Madison Square Garden fawning over The Pope will get trampled today. It's funny how the right isn't whining about the extra cost of security.