Stand up Part-timers

upschuck

Yeah, this is some :censored2: about them going to the Labor Board, they are just blanket suspending 10 people on our shift. Again.. I realize I miss work, but 11 days isn't exactly "10 top worst on the shift".
You should get back pay on this one. They cannot just suspend the top ten "troublemakers" and the union be good with it.

And another thing, go to work.

Lartize

You should get back pay on this one. They cannot just suspend the top ten "troublemakers" and the union be good with it.

And another thing, go to work.

I have greatly improved my attendance. The only day missed in the past two months was due to my cars tire falling off, in the UPS parking lot the day before, when I left work... er.. tried to leave work.

It was the local union guy who called me and told me I would be suspended. So I mean, it is appearing as if they ARE okay with this.

Some of the guys on the list did miss 3-4 days a week and have never filed for anything (except warning letters).
So it's not as if it's just as if the company was just trying to knock off PT's who file.

I mean, I really would have at least liked the situation explained better to me, but my stewards just shrugged their shoulders.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have greatly improved my attendance. The only day missed in the past two months was due to my cars tire falling off, in the UPS parking lot the day before, when I left work... er.. tried to leave work.

It was the local union guy who called me and told me I would be suspended. So I mean, it is appearing as if they ARE okay with this.

Some of the guys on the list did miss 3-4 days a week and have never filed for anything (except warning letters).
So it's not as if it's just as if the company was just trying to knock off PT's who file.

I mean, I really would have at least liked the situation explained better to me, but my stewards just shrugged their shoulders.
Missing 3 or 4 days a week? I think you're exaggerating. And if you've only missd one day in the last 2 months...why are they all of a sudden suspending you NOW?

You were verbally warned and received a warning letter for attendance..at what point did you think..geez maybe I should start going to work? Or at the very least if you had to take a day...bring in a dr note. The union can only do so much for you if you don't help yourself.

upschuck

Once you enter, you can never leave. <laughing in an evil tone>

PT Car Washer

My supplement says wages are the only rights afforded to the probationary employee.
Central Region Supplement Art 1 (a) Probationary employees shall work under the provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a 30 day trial basis. I say this means he follows under the contract.

upschuck

Part of that agreement states what I wrote before. Probation folks have no enforcable rights in reality, since they can be terminated at the whim of management.

Lartize

Missing 3 or 4 days a week? I think you're exaggerating. And if you've only missd one day in the last 2 months...why are they all of a sudden suspending you NOW?

You were verbally warned and received a warning letter for attendance..at what point did you think..geez maybe I should start going to work? Or at the very least if you had to take a day...bring in a dr note. The union can only do so much for you if you don't help yourself.

Well I am not exaggerating, so you are wrong. We had one guy who missed all 5 days last week, no called all week. One missed 4 days.. so really I was low-balling it.

I figured I should be suspended for missing work, after the people who miss more work then me. Or do you think that I should have been suspended first? Before the people missing 4 days a week. You do agree, right? Or do you think I should have been disciplined first?

Yeah, that part is confusing as :censored2: to me too. Attendance goes back 9 months, but even taking the last 9 months into consideration, it's still only 11 days.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well I am not exaggerating, so you are wrong. We had one guy who missed all 5 days last week, no called all week. One missed 4 days.. so really I was low-balling it.

I figured I should be suspended for missing work, after the people who miss more work then me. Or do you think that I should have been suspended first? Before the people missing 4 days a week. You do agree, right? Or do you think I should have been disciplined first?

Yeah, that part is confusing as :censored2: to me too. Attendance goes back 9 months, but even taking the last 9 months into consideration, it's still only 11 days.
I remember when I had corneas. Bottom line...it doesn't matter how many days Tom, Dick or Harry missed. It only matters how many days you missed...and whether management followed progressive discipline.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When they are pushed like in this, its all our responsibilities to educate and help. Upstatenyupser, with all due respect, maybe they don't vote because they don't feel respected or they are not backed up by us.

Sorry! Respect is earned., not just given. I laugh at people when they expect things are free. When pt UPS votes on a contract. Then they will be respected.

annie345

The rule is simple.. The company cannot discriminate.. What they do to one they have to do to all.. Your suspension or termination shouldn't be upheld if you can show there are others not being held to the same standard.. If you are a seniority employee who has rights under the contract... I also wish people would remember that we are the union.. Stewards should be elected.. If you have a crappy steward and you want change.. Step up and put your name in as steward.. Learn your contact.. Vote.. Go to your local union meetings held each month.. Each person can make a difference. Or center is considerably different since we the employees put our foot down...