Start Documenting Everything You Can

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It should be obvious that FedEx has declared open warfare on the employee. That's nothing new, but it's reached a new level of ridiculous, and you need to protect yourself. I know that I have talked about this before, but it bears repeating. DOCUMENT everything you can. Take pictures, get airbill numbers, and record meetings where managers say things that might incriminate them. If you can't figure out how to record it on your smartphone, take names, times, and dates where management breaks policy, encourages breaking policy, or puts employees into situations where you know they have to "cheat" to get it done.

When you get suspended pending termination, or are terminated and are seeking unemployment...be prepared for the fight of your life. FedEx will use every bit of information they have against you, and will dig-up anything and everything to use against you. If you don't believe me, talk to anyone who has been up against FedEx.

They are actively on the hunt for you, so do the smart thing and get as much information as you can to protect yourself. Dirt is good, and most managers have some. So is unequal discipline. For example, at my station, certain couriers drive around the station with a Bluetooth on, even though cellular communication is strictly forbidden by company policy. Even managers do it as they drive out of the lot, presumably on the phone. Think they'd use that against you if they needed to? You bet. Wouldn't it be great to have a picture or video of your manager on the phone while driving in this situation?

There is so much you can do to protect yourself and have some "insurance", but only if you are smart. Be smart.

overflowed

It should be obvious that FedEx has declared open warfare on the employee. That's nothing new, but it's reached a new level of ridiculous, and you need to protect yourself. I know that I have talked about this before, but it bears repeating. DOCUMENT everything you can. Take pictures, get airbill numbers, and record meetings where managers say things that might incriminate them. If you can't figure out how to record it on your smartphone, take names, times, and dates where management breaks policy, encourages breaking policy, or puts employees into situations where you know they have to "cheat" to get it done.

When you get suspended pending termination, or are terminated and are seeking unemployment...be prepared for the fight of your life. FedEx will use every bit of information they have against you, and will dig-up anything and everything to use against you. If you don't believe me, talk to anyone who has been up against FedEx.

They are actively on the hunt for you, so do the smart thing and get as much information as you can to protect yourself. Dirt is good, and most managers have some. So is unequal discipline. For example, at my station, certain couriers drive around the station with a Bluetooth on, even though cellular communication is strictly forbidden by company policy. Even managers do it as they drive out of the lot, presumably on the phone. Think they'd use that against you if they needed to? You bet. Wouldn't it be great to have a picture or video of your manager on the phone while driving in this situation?

There is so much you can do to protect yourself and have some "insurance", but only if you are smart. Be smart.

Sage advice especially if you "get talked to often" i.e. you're a screwup. Because I don't see them hitting the wall street goal with what has been done. Dead weight I think, will start getting thrown overboard. I'm starting to see the lazies getting unusual amounts of letters.

Bankrupt

Sage advice especially if you "get talked to often" i.e. you're a screwup. Because I don't see them hitting the wall street goal with what has been done. Dead weight I think, will start getting thrown overboard. I'm starting to see the lazies getting unusual amounts of letters.
Maybe I could actually get 40 hrs if they'd throw some overboard. The ones that can't read a map or complete a sentence would be a start, and yes I work at express not ground

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe I could actually get 40 hrs if they'd throw some overboard. The ones that can't read a map or complete a sentence would be a start, and yes I work at express not ground

The ones that can't read a map or complete a sentence usually go into management. About 45% of the memos I see look like they were written by a 5th grader, complete with major spelling and grammatical errors. Really makes you wonder.

Bankrupt

The ones that can't read a map or complete a sentence usually go into management. About 45% of the memos I see look like they were written by a 5th grader, complete with major spelling and grammatical errors. Really makes you wonder.
What do they do when the go to Memphis for training learn how to kiss ass and blow smoke or just blow

hypo hanna

Consider that everything you do and every interaction with mgmt., customers, HR, etc could end up in litigation. Protect your self accordingly.

CJinx

I thought keeping a CYA file was standard operating procedure regardless of your employer. :)
Mine generally only sees action during annual review time; details that I followed procedure to the letter whenever there is a catastrophe.