Start orientation tomorrow, Kelly Services temp

hypo hanna

last peak (1st as a 4-10) I worked 5 10's and what ever was needed on Sat. Usually 8-9 hrs. No choice was involved
Double check your states regulations. From Legalmatch.com
There are at least sixteen states with restrictions on mandatory overtime. The states are Alaska, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, and West Virginia. The restrictions range from limiting the number of hours worked to prohibiting the practice of mandatory overtime in certain occupations. Some states also prohibit the use of mandatory overtime as a means to overcome staffing problems.

HomeDelivery

hypo, you do know that FedEx drivers of any opco can work up to the DOT limit of 70 hours, right? while UPS package car drivers only has a DOT limit of 60 hours...

!Retired!

Express drivers are majority 4 days. They make everybody work their days off during peak. Inhouse temp driver if you will for the holidays.
Wrong. But, yes....the 4/10's all work their day off. Last year I was 4/10. The schedule didn't show me as working, so I didn't go in. Manager called me and asked where I was. I simply told him I wasn't on the schedule and made plans. He hung up on me and I went back to bed :devil3:

last peak (1st as a 4-10) I worked 5 10's and what ever was needed on Sat. Usually 8-9 hrs. No choice was involved
We had a choice of working Saturday OR Sunday....but not both. Our weekend usually consist of 5-6 hours.

overflowed

Wrong. But, yes....the 4/10's all work their day off. Last year I was 4/10. The schedule didn't show me as working, so I didn't go in. Manager called me and asked where I was. I simply told him I wasn't on the schedule and made plans. He hung up on me and I went back to bed :devil3:

How so? Everywhere I've ever been all full timers are mostly 4 days.
We had a choice of working Saturday OR Sunday....but not both. Our weekend usually consist of 5-6 hours.

!Retired!

whoa, i never saw Express on-the-road on a Sunday...
The last Sunday before Christmas (to clean out the station before the final week), last Sunday before Valentines Day and Mothers Day. ProFlowers has a deal with FedEx and offers Sunday delivery for those 2. They guarantee a certain amount of packages in the system.
I have seen them on-road when Mother's Day fell on a Sunday.
Mothers Day is always on Sunday.......2nd Sunday of May.

hypo hanna

30 years ago they would ask for volunteers to work Sundays before christmas for double time pay and only if there was a weather event that prevented us getting everything delivered on Saturday. Now its Mother's Day, valentines day and Christmas and they fudge the schedules so they have you out there for time and a half or straight pay.