Start time changes, sent home.

Upshreeve

I have a guy who wasn't informed of an early start time. He "no call no shows" 430 and walks in at 525 ready to start. Supervisor sends him home. We ran a person short all day because of this.

Can we grieve this?
On topic please.

hyena

I have a guy who wasn't informed of an early start time. He "no call no shows" 430 and walks in at 525 ready to start. Supervisor sends him home. We ran a person short all day because of this.

Can we grieve this?
On topic please.
Was the early start time on the schedule?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I am pretty sure nothing can have to him if he wasn't informed in some way or some how. I am pretty sure they aren't allowed to just randomly change times without some kind of notice. So they either have to post it or call him and let him know. They can send him if they dont' need him so they can do that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am pretty sure nothing can have to him if he wasn't informed in some way or some how. I am pretty sure they aren't allowed to just randomly change times without some kind of notice. So they either have to post it or call him and let him know. They can send him if they dont' need him so they can do that.

How did the rest of the shift know when to show up?

All preload and reload times are posted on the bulletin board here.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Can we grieve this?
On topic please.

Pretty hard to fulfill the "no show" part of a NCNS if the member actually shows up to work.

Daily guarantees (3.0 hours for some air hub PT'ers, 3.5 for most PT'ers, 8.0 for most FT'ers and 10.0 for FT'ers on 4x10s) are forfeited if the member is late to work. That being said, the company cannot send a late employee home then have a supervisor work in their place; that should absolutely by grieved. If the area ran short a person and no sups progressed packages, then there's probably not a grievance there.

How much notice was there given of the start time change? It varies by area, but outside of November/December the company has to give operations in the Atlantic Area at least one week's notice for more than 50% of a shift's start time to change.

Upshreeve

We were all informed on Friday by the supervisor. The employee in question had Friday off. This isn't a garbage employee, we have plenty of those, but this isn't one if them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would certainly grieve that. Our local supplement has one week notice for start time change. Easy grievance. The actual situation is hard to believe...wouldn't the supervisor team know the employee was out Friday and wasn't notified?