Starting my 30 days Tomorrow

menotyou

bella amicizia
Don't think. Just work as directed. Seriously. I don't care how crazy the directive, unless is endangers your health.

menotyou

bella amicizia
thank you:fingerscrossed:
If you are working the morning sort:
Bring a gallon of water, at a minimum. Extra socks, very comfortable work boots. Layers, clothes that easily come off in a hurry. I have been in the feeder(the big white box the tractor trailers tow) in -40* weather in shorts and a t-shirt before. And, don't wear good clothes. They will get ruined.
Bring a hand towel and shove it in your waistband. Great for wiping the sweat off your face. Lots of deodorant. Be kind to your neighbors. Take a shower after the sort. Please, I beg you. Bring a banana. They really do help.

what somethings i should expect in my first 30 days besides my body feeling like it was hit by a trailer lol
Dont let your nerves get the best of you.We all know you got to give it your all to make your 30 days,but dont run too fast!If you go too fast you will make stupid mistakes(we all do). You might pass up a stop or grab one package when the stop has two.Just go to bed early,eat a good breakfast,and dont forget to bring some asprin with you..............Im sure you will have a headache along with some other parts that might hurt too.You will be fine .. JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!!! Also a good pair of shoes will help...dont try to break a new pair in right now...GOOD LUCK !!!!!!Future Brown GUY!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have been doing the preload and Saturday air driving for 5 years I'm attempting to go fulltime
ah, ok. Don't run. Just do the methods, and one stop at a time. Within a couple days, you'll get use to the route as far as generalities. If you bid a specific route, talk to the guy/girl who ran it before to find out the in's and outs, i.e. best lunch spot, best bathroom, pretty ladies, who is the bitch, hard places to deliver and what makes it easier. And, lots of fluids and bananas. They are really good for you, and filling.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bring lube and work as instructed. Take your lunch and don't screw off. If they give you an impossible dispatch make sure you give them plenty of heads up. If they refuse to acknowledge you are truly doing your best don't stress it. We were all there at one time and generally if you aren't a screw off and have a decent work ethic you'll be fine. Still bring lube though.

QKRSTKR

Usually they take care of you at first. Don't panic. You should be on the same training route for the 30 days. You should be going out with light dispatches at first. The most important thing is dont hit anything. You have an accident and your toast for a year. They're not expecting you to scratch the first day. Preload and Saturday air is a great pre-driving combo. Your use to how the cars are loaded. You know how to drive a package car already and use the Diad. Your miles ahead of anyone who s never done either.

Good luck.

S

serenity now

be careful, pay attention to your driving first, especially when backing * it's not just what's directly behind you at ground level * always be aware of the upper back corners of the truck * get into the habit of scanning a location as you approach it for the best spot to make a back; no low wires or tree limbs, no bldg. overhangs * work smoothly and deliberately; the speed will come with time * you will make mistakes; don't get frustrated by them * always check the diad pkg. counter to make sure it displays the zero; huge time killer if you leave 1 or 2 on the truck

U

uber

Drive when you drive. Deliver when you deliver.

But, what do I know. I'm just a 30 day wonder.

OptimusPrime

ah, ok. Don't run. Just do the methods, and one stop at a time. Within a couple days, you'll get use to the route as far as generalities. If you bid a specific route, talk to the guy/girl who ran it before to find out the in's and outs, i.e. best lunch spot, best bathroom, pretty ladies, who is the bitch, hard places to deliver and what makes it easier. And, lots of fluids and bananas. They are really good for you, and filling.

No. No, and no. Lol at all this take your lunch, methods, don't run etc. BS. Run and gun and bust it out. Lunch time is not for resting and eating. It's for sorting your load. Put it in the exact order. Do everything in your power to nail the job. Run stops off. Just make book. Period.

UPSGUY72

what are somethings i should expect in my first 30 days besides my body feeling like it was hit by a trailer lol

1. Show up on time and everyday sick or not just show up. ( UPS doesn't care about your problems )
2. Mind your own business (don't worry about what other people are doing )
3. Do what your told
4. Work a good steady pace ( other around you will fool around they can they made there 30 days )
5. IF you don't like someone pretend till you make your 30 days...

After you make your 30 days you can be the biggest a-hole in the world until then you need to be the best employee....