Starting my training route next tuesday, any suggestions?

novadriver

Two weeks ago I passed the driver training school (4 days because of memorial day) and next week I'll be starting my training route. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should expect, and what will be expected of me during my probationary period. I really don't want to lose this job.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep. Take pleny of drinks and food with you. and most importantly...have a good pair of comfortable shoes!......if your feet hurt,it will break you.......Good luck

By The Book

Good for you! I would suggest putting a couple drivers phone numbers in your phone, and call them with questions when you get stuck in a situation you can't get out of. If your a preloader your driver will probably help, or someone you know as a driver.

novadriver

The sups that ride along on training routes usually cool? I didnt get to touch a real diad and missed other stuff since i had a short school week. I just hope the sup understands this.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The sups that ride along on training routes usually cool? I didnt get to touch a real diad and missed other stuff since i had a short school week. I just hope the sup understands this.
Total crap shoot. I would say most sups are decent but we have one that thinks his job is to prove how terrible everyone is.

upschuck

You will get frustrated, angry, and hot, don't take it out on your customers or management; they can take that FT driving job away. Have a good attitude, don't make waves in your 30 days.