Starting my training route next tuesday, any suggestions?

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
Two weeks ago I passed the driver training school (4 days because of memorial day) and next week I'll be starting my training route. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should expect, and what will be expected of me during my probationary period. I really don't want to lose this job.
Punt

novadriver

drove by myself yesterday... i think i did ok... after i got off i drove the route in my own car an memorized all the addresses of businesses

novadriver

no late airs.. i took alot longer than i should have due to the maze of apartments, an 48 big boxes going to one business, and learning the diad better.. i know monday ill rock it like a boss though

novadriver

sup said my day was planned for 7hrs, i took 10hrs i think including 30 min each way to an from... but yea , i got this... almost got all dok memorized as well...

PT Car Washer

10 hours to do 7 hours of work. Just about right for your first week. I am not being sarcastic. You will get better or you will decide this job is not for you. Goes both ways.

novadriver

10 hours to do 7 hours of work. Just about right for your first week. I am not being sarcastic. You will get better or you will decide this job is not for you. Goes both ways.

i screwed up by forgetting residentials dont have time commits so i lost 20 mins there...cuz i drove to the apartments b4 calling sup to ask if i was wrong for going there

novadriver

i'll remember monday that i can deliver quick stuff along with the airs instead of going twice to same place but it was my first time alone so i was super nervous and didnt want any late airs

By The Book

i'll remember monday that i can deliver quick stuff along with the airs instead of going twice to same place but it was my first time alone so i was super nervous and didnt want any late airs
Sounds like your getting it. While delivering airs, with 10:30 commits, try to get small sections out that you don't drive right back by later. If you are going to go right back by later don't push it. You can go to your commit screen and hit res button, little arrow down, res button until all your residential airs are uncommitted. Make sure to only do this with residentials, be careful!

By The Book

Are you doing your route in edd or Orion? Do you know how to mark a page yet so you only see the section you want to deliver in?

By The Book

SHOULD. You do work for the same company as the rest of us right? ;)
I'm a steward, and these poor souls get scheduled for so much safety stuff in the morning! Then they attend the PCM and its off to the route trying to remember how to do the route. It's wishful thinking I guess to train them for the job they are trying to qualify for.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Simply doing something during airs or while you are somewhere isn't always best. You have to ask yourself if it's going to save time. If you're delivering an air on a street where you have a ground and nothing else in the area and you can quickly find the ground, delivering it can save you a bunch of time. If you're delivering an air and decide to deliver the whole rest of the street when you have stuff on neighboring streets probably won't actually benefit you.

If you're delivering an air to a business that takes a while to get in/out of or is out of the way and you can reasonably find their other stuff then it saves you time and is convenient to them to have it earlier.

Another thing to consider is if you have something big and stupid on the way to or nearby your airs. Sometimes getting rid of one large box can save you half an hour and a lot of frustration.