Starting to get paranoid.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Did you call ADT?

If you believe the cops will get to your home, while your in it, in time to save your life. Go right ahead and get the service. On average, it take a person 15 mintues to go threw your home and steal something of worth. Takes them less then 2 mintues to break it.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The police station is 3 minutes from my home.

Doesnt mean they have enough on patrol to get there in less then 15 minutes. Dont think the cops will be there to save you from the big bad man.

You have to call, while people are trying to break in, then the cops get the call out to your address. You wait 2-3 mintues for the call to go out to a cop. Then it might take 10-15 minutes on them to even show up. You need other options to defend yourself.

Most cops are spread thin. You need a firearm, always. Its not just your right, it maybe your life ( and others ) in the balance.

over9five

Staff member
Doesnt mean they have enough on patrol to get there in less then 15 minutes. Dont think the cops will be there to save you from the big bad man.

You have to call, while people are trying to break in, then the cops get the call out to your address. You wait 2-3 mintues for the call to go out to a cop. Then it might take 10-15 minutes on them to even show up. You need other options to defend yourself.

Most cops are spread thin. You need a firearm, always. Its not just your right, it maybe your life ( and others ) in the balance.
Not everyone wants/needs a firearm. I hope Upstate has a Louisville Slugger by the bed.... just in case.

over9five

Staff member
I hear ya..

I believe everyone in America should own a firearm, ammo and fireworks. MERICA!

All the frikken highway signs here in Mass are flashing "FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL IN MASS. FINES AND PRISON..."yada yada yada.

The government protecting us from ourselves.
Obey.

over9five

Staff member
My ex is an RN who works in the ER. Every year they would get some maroon who got hurt due to fireworks.
Yup, but does that justify making it illegal for the rest of us? Fireworks can be dangerous AND accidents happen. I think if you use fireworks, anything that happens is on you. But that shouldn't affect the rest of us.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For my personal & home defense I always keep a few hunting knives and spears ( they make the most wonderful wall decorations ) handy just in case I'm not near where the laws says where I have to keep my guns properly secured .

BrownArmy

All the frikken highway signs here in Mass are flashing "FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL IN MASS. FINES AND PRISON...

Since the 'Boston-Bombers' used firework gunpowder to pack their pressure-cooker 'weapons-of-mass-destruction', and with the 4th coming up, I think that's why we got those highway messages.

Must have been a slow amber-alert day...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All the frikken highway signs here in Mass are flashing "FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL IN MASS. FINES AND PRISON..."yada yada yada.

The government protecting us from ourselves.
Obey.

Oregon has fairly strict laws pertaining to the types of fireworks that are allowed. Sparklers and stuff that sits on the ground is OK, but bottle rockets, Roman candles and all of the big airborne stuff is illegal.

Problem is, that stuff isnt illegal in Washington...so all the fireworks stands on the Vancouver side of the river do a brisk business selling the dangerous stuff to Oregonians who take it all back home, act like idiots, and wind up losing fingers and eyes or starting roofs, fields and forests on fire.

If it were up to me, each town would set aside a designated area where these types of dangerous fireworks are allowed and there would be fire department and ambulance personell standing by to deal with any problems. Any use of dangerous fireworks outside of this area would continue to be illegal.