State of the Union Address - 24 Jan 2012

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can't believe I beat More to this ... wonder why she didn't jump on this like she has on the debates? :happy2:

Comments are welcomed on the POTUS address to the Congress, the SCOTUS and the American people.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OK ... what is going on with the Al Gore imitation?
I don't remember that weird inflection at the end of a sentence he wants to accentuate.
Or the guttural sound in mid-sentence that reminds me of Gore so much.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't believe I beat More to this ... wonder why she didn't jump on this like she has on the debates? :happy2:

Comments are welcomed on the POTUS address to the Congress, the SCOTUS and the American people.
Because this isn't a debate.....it's a campaign speech!

The best part was a quote from Abe Lincoln. He was talkin' the talk, but I'm afraid he'll never walk the walk.
I heard the word "budget" a couple of times and I was saying to myself,.....what? where?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Found the quote.....

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
--July 1, 1854 [?] Fragment on Government

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I didn't bother watching it, anytime I hear his voice it irritates me. Zero leadership skills, I'm amazed that this imbecile was elected at all.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I didn't listen to zerobama speech either. I didn't feel like puking tonight. :sick:

I am listening to the Republican response though. It'll be interesting to see how the news spins speeches.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't want to watch either, but like a race, I was waiting for the wreck!! I thought sure I'd hear a couple boos.

What I thought I actually heard was what sounded like one bark from a dog......maybe it was Wasserman Shultz. Anyone else hear it? (seriously)

satellitedriver

Found the quote.....

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
--July 1, 1854 [?] Fragment on Government
Hell, when you elect a "community organizer", what else would you expect?
Ole Abe also said this;
Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
Abraham Lincoln

Bad Gas!

State of the Union: Fact Checking the President - Yahoo! News

Fact check on Obama 's speech...he's a jerk and a liar!

moreluck

golden ticket member
obama-yapping-animated-1.gif

804brown

Obama blew it. He had a great opportunity once again to show that vigorous government does indeed represent true Americanism, because democratic government is the mechanism through which Americans come together to solve problems they cannot solve alone. That since America’s founding, government has built much of the public infrastructure that makes American capitalism possible. And since the progressive era, it has been government’s efforts to humanize and stabilize capitalism with its rapacious cycles of boom and bust that have fueled chaos and revolution overseas. It is today’s Republicans, who have forgotten this core truth about America. Because they forgot it during the Bush years, they helped plunge the U.S. into the worst recession since the 1930s. And because they keep forgetting it, a Republican-controlled Washington would doom America’s chances for a true economic recovery!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did not get to watch, my husband said he would sooner watch ants "copulate", than listen to him....and there was nothing on Animal Planet, so we went out to dinner.
But didnt miss a thing as thats all that has been on after, and still, and I assume will continue, as it is an important speech.