State of the Union

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This thread jumped a year a few posts back. I just looked at my mutual funds, ouch!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1452727596.760359.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
We went to the moon with the calculation capacity of a cellphone. Pretty sure a program could be written for the tax rate for any single address in the US.
I disagree .
We also sent a satellite to a distant planet only to see it crash because one set of engineers used feet while another used meters .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Everyone is angry at a President who brought this country back from the brink of a Republican-led economic disaster. Yeah, he did a really lousy job, didn't he?

A lot of the anger stems from an economy that is growing, but doesn't provide decent, middle class jobs. People can't really create much of a future at $14 per hour, with lousy benefits. But that's what the GOP stands for, isn't it? Right-To-Work= freedom from union tyranny. What it really equals is higher profits for businesses, lower wages for workers, an even greater gap between the haves and have-nots, and a strengthening of our aristocratic class, who don't care as long as they keep profiting.

It wasn't a coincidence that the governor of SC was the GOP rebuttal shill. She's in line for a VP slot on the ticket, and probably a Presidential run in the future. She's given hundreds of millions to big companies to draw them to SC where they can exist in a RTW Republican paradise.

All of you UPS union member who lean GOP really need to get-off the Kool-Aid. The Republicans think your $34 per hour is about twice what it should be.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Everyone is angry at a President who brought this country back from the brink of a Republican-led economic disaster. Yeah, he did a really lousy job, didn't he?

A lot of the anger stems from an economy that is growing, but doesn't provide decent, middle class jobs. People can't really create much of a future at $14 per hour, with lousy benefits. But that's what the GOP stands for, isn't it? Right-To-Work= freedom from union tyranny. What it really equals is higher profits for businesses, lower wages for workers, an even greater gap between the haves and have-nots, and a strengthening of our aristocratic class, who don't care as long as they keep profiting.

It wasn't a coincidence that the governor of SC was the GOP rebuttal shill. She's in line for a VP slot on the ticket, and probably a Presidential run in the future. She's given hundreds of millions to big companies to draw them to SC where they can exist in a RTW Republican paradise.

All of you UPS union member who lean GOP really need to get-off the Kool-Aid. The Republicans think your $34 per hour is about twice what it should be.
The GOP will not be happy until a republican president tanks the economy, AGAIN, and starts WWIII. If Trump, or Cruz is elected, both are a very good possibility.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The GOP will not be happy until a republican president tanks the economy, AGAIN, and starts WWIII. If Trump, or Cruz is elected, both are a very good possibility.
If you feel that way , why are you still here ?
Why haven't you moved to a more secure country ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

$14/hr with lousy benefits is freddie only paying you that ?
Time to move on to a different line of work , try to get a gov't job .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If WIII is started, no country would be safe.;)
Not true .
Only the big boys will have the bombs fall on them and most of them are above the Equator .
You could move to the Amazon jungles , there's nothing out there for anyone to fight over . Or Outer Mongolia . Some remote place that were nature could protect you . Like those miners in Australia who live under ground . Sure there would be fallout , but the winds would keep it away from the remote places .

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

So I am sure that you can list all the things that Obama has done to BRING BACK THE ECONOMY?

Like major legislation he proposed or some kind of job bill that he championed and then signed into law.

In other words, list all his ACTUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS, not the BS stuff like winning a Nobel Peace Prize for, for, for, what did he win it for?

This should be good.

newfie

upload_2016-1-14_15-52-51.png

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
$14/hr with lousy benefits is freddie only paying you that ?
Time to move on to a different line of work , try to get a gov't job .

What a hypocrite. I believe you have said you are retired, right? Would that be from UPS, and are you ex-management or Teamster? Either way, you would be doing quite well. And you're probably drawing Social Security (a dreaded government entitlement program) and maybe even Medicare if you're old enough. Like most GOP types, you say one thing, but happily cash your government checks and your union retirement.

How does one save for retirement on $14 per hour with poor or no benefits? The GOP wants everyone to be an "entrepreneur" and start small businesses so we can all bootstrap our way to Horatio Alger-like wealth. Sure...what a crock.

Please tell me how much your monthly income is including your SS check. Round numbers are acceptable.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What a hypocrite. I believe you have said you are retired, right? Would that be from UPS, and are you ex-management or Teamster? Either way, you would be doing quite well. And you're probably drawing Social Security (a dreaded government entitlement program) and maybe even Medicare if you're old enough. Like most GOP types, you say one thing, but happily cash your government checks and your union retirement.

How does one save for retirement on $14 per hour with poor or no benefits? The GOP wants everyone to be an "entrepreneur" and start small businesses so we can all bootstrap our way to Horatio Alger-like wealth. Sure...what a crock.

Please tell me how much your monthly income is including your SS check. Round numbers are acceptable.
I had to retire early at a young age due to a medical problem that working would only make worse .
I worked more jobs within the UPS system than I can count , all as a p/t . Worked mornings doing airs , grab a couple of hours sleep and head back to the job for an evening or night shift . Some nights I didn't have enough time to get home for sleep , so I found an empty office to sleep in .
My highest pay for being an air exception driver was $11.66/hr . And I worked every Saturday that I could , even when I was on vacation . Did that for 20+ yrs .
Yet I was able to cover all my bills and set a little aside .
I'm too young for SS , which I paid into for 40+ yrs ( pre-UPS included ) . I need another 5+ yrs .
So don't sit on your high horse complaining about being poor , learn to shut your mouth , get off your arse and work .
Even in retirement with my crippled body , I still work , boat repair and lobstering .