Staten Island driver fund

Louis Kostulas

I tried to log into on my cell phone and it didn't work but when i got home i went on my desktop and it worked no problem. I also sent the link to the Rep for the IBT Package Division in Washington DC to get the word out to as many of our UPS brothers & sisters as we can. Tom is going to need all the help he can get.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The guy who walked to work got over 300K, memories pizza IDK alot. We need to all share this on all social media we have acces to. This is a bad thing that happened. Just awful, share share share.

sven

Tom Ryan is a 9 year veteran package car driver on Staten Island and a member of Local 177. The page is not a hoax. He is in stable but critical condition. I would ask anyone that can donate, please do. In my 26 plus years with the company I cant recall anyone being injured on the job in a similar way. If the local wants to be involved all they need do is step up and do so. The active link for the gofundme site is any and all donations, and prayers, are deeply appreciated. Also share the link on facebook with fellow workers and friends that are not on Browncafe please.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We (Local 687) just had our meeting and we plan on showing our support; however, we cannot use our credit card on the GoFundMe site. Once an address is established for monetary donations I will forward that to our Local who will in turn send a check and letter of support .

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Over $22,500 the last time I looked, I'm proud of everybody that has chipped in. I don't know Tom Ryan, but I thought nothing of chipping in a few hours of my labor for somebody that earns a living the way I do. We need to take care of each other, it will take a little while before the insurance, settlements, and whatever else happens to help him and his family.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He was hurt on the job. Workmans comp pays 100%. He won't see a bill. Horrible accident. I feel bad for the guy.

While this may be true, comp will not pay for any of the changes to his home and lifestyle necessitated by this tragedy nor will it pay for the loss of future wages.

God forbid the motorist was on his cell phone at the time of the accident.

clean hairy

Might not forget to get a temporary withdrawl card so he doesn't end up owing big $ for back Union Dues.
We can only hope the guy that hit him has insurance, and hopefully more than state required minimum coverage.
He could be a guy with very few assets to after as well.
This is another unknown to consider as well.

Goodsoldier

Any updates on the drivers condition?
Any updates on the drivers condition?
Tom has been in a coma since the day of the accident. Doctors are saying there are signs that he's slowly coming out of it. How soon that will be is hard to say. We continue to visit him on our lunch breaks and after work and will do so as long as he's in the hospital. On behalf of all the Staten Island drivers I'd like to say thanks for your support and concern. Please spread the word to all your coworkers and we'll continue to hold strong and be there for Tom and his family!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tom has been in a coma since the day of the accident. Doctors are saying there are signs that he's slowly coming out of it. How soon that will be is hard to say. We continue to visit him on our lunch breaks and after work and will do so as long as he's in the hospital. On behalf of all the Staten Island drivers I'd like to say thanks for your support and concern. Please spread the word to all your coworkers and we'll continue to hold strong and be there for Tom and his family!

Thanks for the update.

Our local (687) wants to help but cannot use our credit card on GoFundMe. Is there a physical address that we can send our donation to? If so, could you please post it here? Thank you.