Staten Island Driver Injured - possibly loses leg

Johney

The company better make it right.....
If the driver that hit him has insurance he will be well taken care of. And until that happens workers comp will take care of him. This is something that could happen to any package car driver out there at anytime.....scary. Prayers for him and his family.

oldngray

nowhere special
He will be disabled for the rest of his life. I hope he can find a nice office job somewhere. I doubt disability will pay enough for his family to live on. Although he should get a big insurance settlement from the guy who hit him.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Wow that is terrible. Prayers go out to him and his family. I can't even imagine...

Prayers go out to all of you drivers as well. I hope you all remain safe and can go home to your families every night.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Very tragic and horrible. I wish him the best for a speedy recovery. It may be possible to reattach his leg, but in any event, at least he is still alive!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Sadly, even if we follow all safety methods to the letter, bad things can happen. Go home, hug your spouse and kids, keep an eye on your brothers and sisters in brown, and let's stand together and pray for him.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Prayers to the man and his family. It could be any of us, almost everyday, but it was not, it was him. It is a dangerous job, as we are surrounded by idiots. Just hope his barn takes care of him, until he is well enough to decide the next move.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My pc once got slammed into by an elderly man who fell asleep, or passed out (he had no idea what happened). Luckily I was not at the back, as this guy pushed the rear bumper UNDER the truck at about a 90°angle.

People are TERRIBLE drivers, and we've got to always be vigilant.

I also hope they were able to reattach his leg(s), but even if they couldn't, at least he is alive. Not much of a conselation now, but I'm sure his family is happy about that.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I am saddened by this news. God bless him. Tragic! One reason I cross the front. Otherwise I make sure to exit the right side. I don't have any rear deliveries that isn't to a dock. Events like this make me happy about that.

clean hairy

prayers go out to his family as well as his UPS family.
It will be a long road to recovery, at least he and his family have his co workers to rally around him!