States begin process of neutering Obamacare

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Yep.
The Medicaid expansion is part of ACA.
National Government suckers in states for 3 years of free and then it will bleed the states dry.

I also included the exchange sites and funding.
Same story.

States that have a balanced budget requirement usually have the will to resist the free funds up front followed by years of enslavement.

The Heritage Foundation is the only source of that misinformation. Every credible study shows the opposite.

As far as Nullification, how did that work out last time? No, not in the 19th century, in Cooper vs Aaron?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Heritage Foundation is the only source of that misinformation. Every credible study shows the opposite.

As far as Nullification, how did that work out last time? No, not in the 19th century, in Cooper vs Aaron?
Try Printz v. United States, state legislatures are not subject to federal direction. Although Congress may enforce its own laws, they may not force the states to carry out their duties in such laws.

oldngray

nowhere special
States rights. The feds can try to bribe states with federal funds but they can't force them if its something individual states have independent authority over.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Try Printz v. United States, state legislatures are not subject to federal direction. Although Congress may enforce its own laws, they may not force the states to carry out their duties in such laws.
Now, now Hoax, you know full well that's not the same. Are we talking Nullification or not?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm talking about neutered - snip snip!
Not according to The Weekly Standard. This "nullification" is pure red meat garbage. Guess what they did right after the bill that refused to name the affected parts of the "unconstitutional law"...they passed the appropriations bills needed to pay for Obamacare. LOL. I guess we can put the whole "nullification movement" under the "politicians lying" thread.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not according to The Weekly Standard. This "nullification" is pure red meat garbage. Guess what they did right after the bill that refused to name the affected parts of the "unconstitutional law"...they passed the appropriations bills needed to pay for Obamacare. LOL. I guess we can put the whole "nullification movement" under the "politicians lying" thread.
I refer you back to the title of this thread
"States begin process of neutering Obamacare"
The screaming meme liberals are the ones saying nullification.
I'm saying neutering.

BTW, anyone that takes posts in the Current Events forum should really get a grip.

bbsam

Staff member
I refer you back to the title of this thread
"States begin process of neutering Obamacare"
The screaming meme liberals are the ones saying nullification.
I'm saying neutering.

BTW, anyone that takes posts in the Current Events forum should really get a grip.
That's a wee bit disingenuous of you considering the content of your link in post #1 of this thread.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's a wee bit disingenuous of you considering the content of your link in post #1 of this thread.
Your point?
I choose my words carefully for a reason.
Its fun watching the dogs and cats chasing their tails when they are fighting or raining.

bbsam

Staff member
Besides, how can you call it neutering if they put the appropriations bills in place.to spend the coming federal dollars? That's not neutering. That's lubing up for consensual federal/state intercourse...so to speak.:)