Static electricity

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by soberups, Nov 19, 2014.

1. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Now that autumn/winter weather is here, the issue of static electricity has returned. The cold, dry air causes static buildup everytime we get in and out of the seat and its pretty annoying to get shocked everytime the bulkhead door is touched.

My solution is cheap and easy; I just bring a few dryer sheets from home and rub one on the seat and seat back and then put it in my back pocket every time I start noticing static buildup. The same chemicals that prevent static cling in the dryer will also prevent it in the package car. Plus they make my butt smell lemony fresh.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I've found that using two dryer sheets in the dryer when drying everything, helps eliminate it.
  3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I use generic static guard spray. One can lasts all season.
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Just spray some lemon Pledge on your seat for that lemony butt.
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

It's kinda like spraying lemon scented air freshener after you finish up in the bathroom. Smells like lemons and
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

That's a polished stool.
  7. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

My dad always says after entering a restroom where someone just dropped a deuce that it smells like someone :censored2: Febreeze.
  8. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

I had a mall route where I pushed a cart. I ended up tying 2 pieces of metal to the cart that drug the ground to keep from getting knocked down.
  9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Last year someone brought this up and I tried rubbing a dryer sheet on the seat and I have to say, it worked really well.

Thanks for bringing it up again.
  10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Wear gloves, problem solved and will keep your hands from looking like Freddie Krueger hands from drying and cracking up lmfao.
  11. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

I keep a bottle of static guard in the truck. Spray the seat and the back of my pants.
  12. Thebrownstreak

Thebrownstreak Active Member

i always just touch the bulkhead with the back of my hand….wakes me up some days
  13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

You're doing it wrong
  14. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

I like the shock. It's not enough to bother me.
  15. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Some times it builds up and when I'm walking through one of my dept store pick ups the shock comes through one of my boots like I stepped on a live wire. I know to always walk with my feet curled in boots at that stop.
  16. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Oh yeah! I forgot about my gloves in my coat pocket. Thanks Jump. "Shocking "
  17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I don't much like wearing gloves either but your hands will thank you for it later lol.
  18. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

I get shocked through my gloves.
  19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I sprayed some rookie butts with my static guard today. I keep on in the truck, in case I forget my dryer sheets. If all else fails, wet your boots/shoes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. DOB...LOL