Static electricity

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Now that autumn/winter weather is here, the issue of static electricity has returned. The cold, dry air causes static buildup everytime we get in and out of the seat and its pretty annoying to get shocked everytime the bulkhead door is touched.

My solution is cheap and easy; I just bring a few dryer sheets from home and rub one on the seat and seat back and then put it in my back pocket every time I start noticing static buildup. The same chemicals that prevent static cling in the dryer will also prevent it in the package car. Plus they make my butt smell lemony fresh.

Ouch

I had a mall route where I pushed a cart. I ended up tying 2 pieces of metal to the cart that drug the ground to keep from getting knocked down.

barnyard

KTM rider
Last year someone brought this up and I tried rubbing a dryer sheet on the seat and I have to say, it worked really well.

Thanks for bringing it up again.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Now that autumn/winter weather is here, the issue of static electricity has returned. The cold, dry air causes static buildup everytime we get in and out of the seat and its pretty annoying to get shocked everytime the bulkhead door is touched.

My solution is cheap and easy; I just bring a few dryer sheets from home and rub one on the seat and seat back and then put it in my back pocket every time I start noticing static buildup. The same chemicals that prevent static cling in the dryer will also prevent it in the package car. Plus they make my butt smell lemony fresh.
Wear gloves, problem solved and will keep your hands from looking like Freddie Krueger hands from drying and cracking up lmfao.

brown metal coffin

Some times it builds up and when I'm walking through one of my dept store pick ups the shock comes through one of my boots like I stepped on a live wire. I know to always walk with my feet curled in boots at that stop.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I sprayed some rookie butts with my static guard today. I keep on in the truck, in case I forget my dryer sheets. If all else fails, wet your boots/shoes.