Static electricity

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I get shocked through my gloves.
7a2a26292b3559cdef80c87762563c5d.400x225x24.gif
lol.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Before sliding out of your seat, reach back and hold your hand against the bulkhead door. This grounds your body to the truck and prevents the static shock. Problem solved. I've been doing this for a few years now and it really works.

Overpaid Union Thug

I just read up on this thread thread a few minutes ago. My wife was actually doing laundry when I immediately inquired about drier sheets. They are now in my possession and in my work backpack. :)

idrivethetruck

The whole thing of people trippin on getting shocked is funny as phuqk really, im just shaking my head in laughter lmfao.
If it was only a few times a day, it wouldn't bother me at all. But 200-300 times a day during peak does tend to get old really quick. Eliminating the static shock makes an already unpleasant job just a little bit easier to tolerate.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
This happened to me on Friday. Shocked every time i got out of the seat for about an hour. Then it started to rain and it was OK.

idrivethetruck

This happened to me on Friday. Shocked every time i got out of the seat for about an hour. Then it started to rain and it was OK.
Like I said in an earlier post, just ground yourself to the truck by touching something metal while sliding out of your seat. The static charge builds up as your clothing slides across the fabric of the seat cushion. It won't take long before this becomes a habit and you'll never get shocked again.

oldngray

nowhere special
Like I said in an earlier post, just ground yourself to the truck by touching something metal while sliding out of your seat. The static charge builds up as your clothing slides across the fabric of the seat cushion. It won't take long before this becomes a habit and you'll never get shocked again.

Before keyless it was a good idea to just walk with your key in front of you when static was bad. Of course keyless is better. Isn't it?