Static Shock

Any drivers know how to stop the bulkhead door handle from shocking you, like you get out the seat to open the door and the handle shocks you.

image.jpg
Any drivers know how to stop the bulkhead door handle from shocking you, like you get out the seat to open the door and the handle shocks you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Bring a couple of dryer sheets to work with you. Rub the dryer sheet on the seat and on your butt, then put the dryer sheet in your back pocket. I'm not joking, it really works. I keep a box of dryer sheets in my locker for this very purpose.

oldngray

nowhere special
Before keyless you could use your key to drain the static but keyless is better. Isn't it? And I also heard of spraying fabric softener on your seat.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bring a couple of dryer sheets to work with you. Rub the dryer sheet on the seat and on your butt, then put the dryer sheet in your back pocket. I'm not joking, it really works. I keep a box of dryer sheets in my locker for this very purpose.

And as an added bonus, you'll leave behind a "spring fresh" scent when you leave an office.

Hold the inside metal handle as you get out of the seat. You won't build up the static which then needs to be eliminated. It works in your house too, if you are grounded BEFORE you stand up, that helps to prevent the static from building

SameRightsForAll

I used to use the key trick.

By the time spring rolled around, that crap started to really hurt.

It's the result of people acting like they're electrical engineers when they're only mechanics. I've seen 1/2 inch long sparks jump to my hand and yea, it hurts. One thing that helps is to put your knee into the door for a second and this might reduce the arc down to a normal static spark. Jeez.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And as an added bonus, you'll leave behind a "spring fresh" scent when you leave an office.

Hold the inside metal handle as you get out of the seat. You won't build up the static which then needs to be eliminated. It works in your house too, if you are grounded BEFORE you stand up, that helps to prevent the static from building
That's an end range motion though.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Kudos for being brave enough to create a thread about this. I thought I was the only one who had that problem. Nothing worked for me but I will be trying some of these solutions myself.

undies

Some trucks are so bad that it shorts out the MP3 player in my pocket. Never had a problem until we got the keyless entry.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've never gotten zapped in the truck. For me it happens sometimes when I'm walking across carpets in skyscrapers and touching things.

Jcups3349

As you slide off of the seat to go for the bulkhead, just punch punch the bulkhead with the outer side of your right hand, no shock.

Sent using BrownCafe App