Static Shock

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 9611461, Feb 19, 2015.

1. 9611461

9611461 Member

Any drivers know how to stop the bulkhead door handle from shocking you, like you get out the seat to open the door and the handle shocks you.

2. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Put gloves on

3. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Bring a couple of dryer sheets to work with you. Rub the dryer sheet on the seat and on your butt, then put the dryer sheet in your back pocket. I'm not joking, it really works. I keep a box of dryer sheets in my locker for this very purpose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Before keyless you could use your key to drain the static but keyless is better. Isn't it? And I also heard of spraying fabric softener on your seat.

6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I used to use the key trick.

By the time spring rolled around, that crap started to really hurt.

7. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

And as an added bonus, you'll leave behind a "spring fresh" scent when you leave an office.

Hold the inside metal handle as you get out of the seat. You won't build up the static which then needs to be eliminated. It works in your house too, if you are grounded BEFORE you stand up, that helps to prevent the static from building

8. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll New Member

It's the result of people acting like they're electrical engineers when they're only mechanics. I've seen 1/2 inch long sparks jump to my hand and yea, it hurts. One thing that helps is to put your knee into the door for a second and this might reduce the arc down to a normal static spark. Jeez.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's an end range motion though.

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Benben

Benben Active Member

Fabric softener ends it right away

12. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Kudos for being brave enough to create a thread about this. I thought I was the only one who had that problem. Nothing worked for me but I will be trying some of these solutions myself.

13. undies

undies Active Member

Some trucks are so bad that it shorts out the MP3 player in my pocket. Never had a problem until we got the keyless entry.

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I've never gotten zapped in the truck. For me it happens sometimes when I'm walking across carpets in skyscrapers and touching things.

15. rod

rod retired and happy

fumunda cheeze

16. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

static shock,.. keeps you awake

17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Discharge the static before using the cup.

18. Jcups3349

Jcups3349 New Member

As you slide off of the seat to go for the bulkhead, just punch punch the bulkhead with the outer side of your right hand, no shock.

Sent using BrownCafe App

19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

If all else fails, or you are without the above remedies, get your feet wet somewhere.

20. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Just wear this cable I made for you.