Static Shock

Hold the inside metal handle as you get out of the seat. You won't build up the static which then needs to be eliminated. It works in your house too, if you are grounded BEFORE you stand up, that helps to prevent the static from building

THIS! Forget the dryer sheets, and just make a habit of reaching back to touch the bulkhead door before sliding out of your seat. The static electricity builds up when your uniform slides across the seat, and the shock comes from that electricity discharging as you touch the metal door. If you touch the door while sliding off your seat, the static flows through you and into the door without the shock. It's become a habit for me to do this during the winter months.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
THIS! Forget the dryer sheets, and just make a habit of reaching back to touch the bulkhead door before sliding out of your seat. The static electricity builds up when your uniform slides across the seat, and the shock comes from that electricity discharging as you touch the metal door. If you touch the door while sliding off your seat, the static flows through you and into the door without the shock. It's become a habit for me to do this during the winter months.
That's classic dude your name on Avatar, good schiznitt man lol.

watdaflock?

Duct-tape.jpg

Sparkey86

I actually enjoy the sudden jolt of electricity coursing through my body. Keeps me alert. On the down side, makes for an interesting moment at the fuel island.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

A small box of dryer sheets costs less than $2 and has enough sheets to last several years. Wiping the seat and my ass down with one and then putting it in my back pocket takes less than 30 seconds and solves the problem for an entire day. Much easier in my opinion than trying to remember to reach my arm back and maintain contact with the door before getting out of the seat.

It's the result of people acting like they're electrical engineers when they're only mechanics. I've seen 1/2 inch long sparks jump to my hand and yea, it hurts. One thing that helps is to put your knee into the door for a second and this might reduce the arc down to a normal static spark. Jeez.
Please tell me how it is your Mechanics fault your :censored2: builds static electricity on your seat?

Also please explain how that static electricity has anything to do with the vehicles electrical system?