Station of the year

ProfitServiceProfit

Just for poops and giggles, does anyone know if/how much of a bonus a manager or senior manager stands to gain if their station earns the "honor" of being station of the year?

I can tell you how much the hourlies get...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just for poops and giggles, does anyone know if/how much of a bonus a manager or senior manager stands to gain if their station earns the "honor" of being station of the year?

Ever been to Disneyland, specifically the "Haunted Mansion"? The new Station of the Year is actually a hologram created by Disney for FedEx. All of those IamFedEx idiots are actually projections, as are all of the happy smiling faces who chant "FedEx Cares!!" when they go out and do community service. Rumor has it that MT3 is actually a hologram. He just sits at home in Chicago eating Cheetos and drinking beer and lets the hologram do all the work for him.

hypo hanna

Ever been to Disneyland, specifically the "Haunted Mansion"? The new Station of the Year is actually a hologram created by Disney for FedEx. All of those IamFedEx idiots are actually projections, as are all of the happy smiling faces who chant "FedEx Cares!!" when they go out and do community service. Rumor has it that MT3 is actually a hologram. He just sits at home in Chicago eating Cheetos and drinking beer and lets the hologram do all the work for him.

​I assumed they were Memphis office workers dressed up in shiny new uniforms.

DontThrowPackages

We used to be consistently one of the top stations on the West Coast. Since DRA we are consistently now one of the least productive stations.
Yes. And this is what I don't understand. Upper level management looked at our group of managers as the model in that we always were the top station. Now with DRA we drop so much that our managers are getting heat from upper level for "Their" poor performance. As if DRA had nothing to do with it. Its like cutting off a persons arm and complaining to them why they can't benchpress the same amount of weight as before. Crazy!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why don't Memphis give just their station of the year award to Station 1 (aka Fantasyland) where you can sort all your docs until they are absolutely in perfect order (who cares if it's 13:00 already?) where there are zero accidents because no one ever leaves the building in a company vehicle. Also no injures to report from station one because the belt runs nice and slow giving mock couriers lots of time to load those one pound FedEx boxes precisely where they belong for the Frontline cameras.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Yes. And this is what I don't understand. Upper level management looked at our group of managers as the model in that we always were the top station. Now with DRA we drop so much that our managers our getting heat from upper level for "Their" poor performance. As if DRA had nothing to do with it. Its like cutting off a persons arm and complaining to them why they can't benchpress the same amount of weight as before. Crazy!

We stopped using DRA months ago.

Our managers told their superiors that as long as they will be held to budgets and goals then they demand to be exempted from running DRA.And if they demand DRA to be run then they said they cannot hit budget.

Currently hitting budget is winning out over DRA.

MAKAVELI

Yes. And this is what I don't understand. Upper level management looked at our group of managers as the model in that we always were the top station. Now with DRA we drop so much that our managers our getting heat from upper level for "Their" poor performance. As if DRA had nothing to do with it. Its like cutting off a persons arm and complaining to them why they can't benchpress the same amount of weight as before. Crazy!

We stopped using DRA months ago.

Our managers told their superiors that as long as they will be held to budgets and goals then they demand to be exempted from running DRA.And if they demand DRA to be run then they said they cannot hit budget.

Currently hitting budget is winning out over DRA.
Nice to know some of our management has some huevos.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Nice to know some of our management has some huevos.

Where they got them was by requesting the engineers from Memphis to come up to straighten the DRA train wreck out.
Guess they know it can't be done in current form.

I think we are seeing more and more white flags popping up in the engineer ranks

I've heard of a fedex office manager being offered a 3000 bonus for hitting goals for a month. I never heard what an ops manager at express gets for making numbers for the month. They are usually smart and hush hush about it. I imagine it being more or the same. Remember all the frowns when they took them away for a period of time during the last recession.

El Morado Diablo

We had an Ops Mgr get a $5000 bonus at the height of the "Call In for Adjusted Start Times" nonsense 6 to 8 years ago. He was dumb enough to mention it to some of the employees in his work group. He caught a lot of flack from people who lost $2000+ each that year in order for him to get that bonus.

Nick9075

You won't get **** if you aren't at the manager level or in their little favored circle..

hypo hanna

They need two catagories for station of the year . With or without DRA. I can't see any way a DRA station could be in the running unless its a very small mostly rural location.