stay hydrated

Packmule

I don't live in the southwest any more, but I have family there. Always wondered how those UPSers handle the heat. Get 90s around here and we're draggin'!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Then they send a mechanic out and meet you on- road, and realize the door is not broken, and you are terminated for dishonesty , not very good advice brother.

Since telematics my door bulkhead has broken or become inoperable a handful of times and never once have they sent a mechanic out for something so trivial.

And my advice was truly in jest and you were probably the only one to not think so.

Box Ox

View attachment 85448 Buddy of mine just set me this picture. I have 3 cases of 3 flavors myself on order for tomorrow. I prefer the zero calorie ones as I'll drink 4-5 a day while on route. Kroger has a sale till Wendsday on Poweraids at .59 a piece.

Definitely good to have on hot days. The sodium and potassium are super important. Buying Gatorade powder in bulk is also a cost effective way to have plenty on hand daily. 6 gallons worth (768 oz) is around $9 with tax regularly priced.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
th-3.jpeg

th-6.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today on my route it hit 120 and I choose to not think what the temp was in the truck

This is the key. Once you start to focus on how hot or cold it is you are done.

That is not to say that you shouldn't take the proper precautions, to include hydrating before and during work, and taking advantage of air conditioned offices for a quick break from the heat.

It was in the low 90's here yesterday and it was hot but thankfully there was a breeze most of the day which made it feel a bit better. I had only 2 people ask me the really stupid "Hot enough for ya?" question.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those people are not an interruption in your day, but the entire reason you have a job...they're called customers.