Stay out of residential driveways

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had an accident in my center on Monday. Driver backed into a basketball hoop causing minimal damage. Management over reacts and messages all of us to stay out of ALL residential driveways.
I'm not walking off this one with in the rain with four truck tires weighing around 250lbs.
What would you do?
browncafe picture.jpg
browncafe picture.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You could have turned around by the mail box. Wouldn't have to walk so far. A supe telling you to stay out of driveways never ran a country pull.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just do your job and dont worry about the silly messages. If they want to get all technical about it, you could simply refer to that as a "private access road" instead of a driveway. That'll shut em up for a little while.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just do your job and dont worry about the silly messages. If they want to get all technical about it, you could simply refer to that as a "private access road" instead of a driveway. That'll shut em up for a little while.

Yeah I got some hydration blah blah blah message while having lunch with my wife. She thinks the boards are so cool so I let her open and read it.

She started laughing and read it to me. I said yep this is the stupid stuff that they deem worthy of interrupting my day everyday. She said wow u guys aren't 5.

raceanoncr

Yeah I got some hydration blah blah blah message while having lunch with my wife. She thinks the boards are so cool so I let her open and read it.

She started laughing and read it to me. I said yep this is the stupid stuff that they deem worthy of interrupting my day everyday. She said wow u guys aren't 5.

Feeders now has this message goop going on now too.

Week ago or so, pretty gnarly snowstorm in the state. Long story short, friend of mine wasn't gonna make it home without violating. Called em. Said they'e pick him up at XXX. Running along, "Red Alert" came across. Of course, you can't bring it up whilst driving. Have to stop. He looks for place to stop without getting stuck. Message reads something like, "Well, there ain't no place to turn around in the median to get you there at XXX." He types em back, and not in these exact words, "Look dumba**es! I said, Mile Marker XXX. There's a truck stop on north."

Cautiously under way again another "Red Alert" comes across. His personal phone rings. He answers with Bluetooth, of course. Another driver askes him when he'll be at XXX. Problem solved. On stopping, he looks at "Red Alert" message. It reads, "OK".

Somebody should take their toys away from them.

oldupsman

Had an accident in my center on Monday. Driver backed into a basketball hoop causing minimal damage. Management over reacts and messages all of us to stay out of ALL residential driveways.
I'm not walking off this one with in the rain with four truck tires weighing around 250lbs.
What would you do?
View attachment 8944
I'd back up the driveway. I had a country run and quite honestly backed up more than one driveway that long on a
regular basis. And if you can't back up a driveway that wide you shouldn't be driving anyway.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'd back up the driveway. I had a country run and quite honestly backed up more than one driveway that long on a
regular basis. And if you can't back up a driveway that wide you shouldn't be driving anyway.
I would put in a Dr bag. Leave it by the mailbox. That is what management is telling us to do in our center. To avoid backing. No customer service anymore. They said they will handle any complaints. Do what they preach. Make them make the choices

balland chain

I would do as instructed and walk them off.. When (if) they ask why you were over, give them this picture and tell them you are working as instructed...money in the bank..

wilberforce15

I would do as instructed and walk them off.. When (if) they ask why you were over, give them this picture and tell them you are working as instructed...money in the bank...

This is always the right answer, especially when directives are stupid. The only way you might stop getting such dumb instructions is to follow them, and let them feel the consequences.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
A residential driveway and a country driveway are two different things. No matter what just don't hit anything. It doesn't matter where you are if you hit anything. But stay out of resi driveways in heavy areas. Too many variables...not nearly as many variables in country driveways.

S

serenity now

on a residential driveway, i always walk it the first time and look for any hazards

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What would you do?
View attachment 8944

Nice easy slope on that there hill. Drive all the way and and coast back down the hill to turn around at mailbox. Noone would be the wiser. Unless, of course, if they wondered why your DIAD gps did not jive with the telematics.