Staying/Getting Fit As A Delivery Driver: On Topic Please

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow! Some of you eat healthy. I drink a cup of coffee before work. For lunch break during the summer I eat a razzle. Which is like a blizzard from dairy queen. Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups mixed in it. Then eat a normal dinner. Winter about 4 cups of coffee. With bagels or a muffin/danish. 6'5/ 230

I start the day with a cup of coffee and either bagels or English muffins. Lunch is two sandwiches and either an apple or banana. I bring 2-4 bottles of water (depending on the time of year) and may buy a soda on route every now and then. My break is a cup of coffee and a snack. Dinner is meat, veggies and pasta/potatoes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is today the last day of the avatar bet?

Would you like to bet on tonight's game? I think we are going to sweep.

You can choose my avatar for the next 2 weeks if the Sox lose tonight; however, if (when) we win, you must keep the logo for 2 more weeks.

Deal?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is today the last day of the avatar bet?

Would you like to bet on tonight's game? I think we are going to sweep.

You can choose my avatar for the next 2 weeks if the Sox lose tonight; however, if (when) we win, you must keep the logo for 2 more weeks.

Deal?
Sadly I said two weeks, this is only the first week. I have til next Sunday with this stupid thing.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's possible to eat, and be very unhealthy, and not be a "fat" person. Also, many studies have shown that just a few extra pounds can greatly increase health risks.

If I only had a few extra pounds I can assure you that I wouldn't have bothered with any of this.

Same here gman. My diet is very similar to Keto. I love it and it has made losing weight and eating healthy so easy.
I have battle weight almost my entire adult life. It was a blessing that I got this job when I did as the weight just melted off me. Then I fell into the trap of eating crap(carbs) for that instant energy while delivering college apartments. After years of eating that way and trying every fad diet I found myself overweight and the "chubby" UPS man.
Then my daughter convinced me to try Ketosis. It is a strict low carb diet(20 or less) and basically your body turns to stored fat to produce energy instead of carbs. Now, I am at a much more healthy weight and I have much more energy. I eat a lot more protein(Quest bars) in my diet and have found that my energy level is consistent throughout the day. No more spikes and crashes.
I'm not sure my diet has a name. There are different versions of low carb plans. I refuse to eat only 20 carbs per day. LOL. My plan is basically just avoiding as much sugary junk as possible and limiting anything else to fit in my allotted calories. The biggie for me is snacks. I eat allot of granola bars and Nutrigrain bars. Sometimes sliced apples. Breakfast is organic cereal (usually Kashi) or oatmeal. Lunch is typically chicken of some variety. Dinner is either chicken or beef of some variety. I'm not a vegetable guy. And I can't stand anything green. It all makes me gag. I wish that weren't the case.

At this point I can really eat whatever I want as long as I track it. But I decided to keep the sweets to a bare minimum and don't plan on drinking sodas anytime soon. My exercise routine, despite how easy it is, burns at least 650 calories on the cardio days. So, I often end up with a surplus in calories.

My teeth are benefiting from the huge reduction in sugar. And I've been told they are whiter now. I guess not getting coated in liquid sugar and acid all day is actually a good thing. LOL.

BUCN85

I try to make it to the gym 3 days a week. Some mornings it's hard to get up at 5:30 after they keep you out for 11 hrs

KOG72

I’m full of it
I know it is bad for you but I stop at fast food everyday mainly for the a/c and just to get out of the truck.Days I bring my lunch are the days I feel a lot better.More energy

rss13

I almost never eat fast food. I usually pack and either eat at home if I am on that side of town, or find a shady spot to eat. Sometimes I will hang my travel hammock and chill in the shade to regroup for the afternoon.

Overpaid Union Thug

I know it is bad for you but I stop at fast food everyday mainly for the a/c and just to get out of the truck.Days I bring my lunch are the days I feel a lot better.More energy
I almost never eat fast food. I usually pack and either eat at home if I am on that side of town, or find a shady spot to eat. Sometimes I will hang my travel hammock and chill in the shade to regroup for the afternoon.
I never stopped eating fast food while I was reducing my weight. I just didn't order any combos anymore. For example I'd eat chicken nuggets from McDonalds but no fries and definitely no soda. I even tracked the BBQ sauce (if I even used it) in my calories. LOL! I've been eating Chick-fil-a much more now. I wish I had one on my route.

rss13

I never stopped eating fast food while I was reducing my weight. I just didn't order any combos anymore. For example I'd eat chicken nuggets from McDonalds but no fries and definitely no soda. I even tracked the BBQ sauce (if I even used it) in my calories. LOL! I've been eating Chick-fil-a much more now. I wish I had one on my route.
I wish I had one in my town. When I do eat out I usually get a burger without a bun. I just dont mix many carbs with high protein/fat. The carbs I do eat are healthier carbs, not empty carbs like breads or sugars.

Re-Raise

I am 6' 195 which is about 5 pounds more than I weighed when I was playing ball in college 30 years ago.

I have never been more than 10 pounds above or below that. The problem I have to constantly control is my hunger at night. I am always starving when I get home from work, but I try to make good choices.

Fast food makes me feel terrible afterwards and whenever you eat out the portion sizes are about twice what a person should be eating.

My wife is a fitness nut and is 5'7 115. We brew green tea and drink it unsweetened instead of soda.

Closing in on retirement we are committed to controlling what we can health wise. Any travelling or hobbies we talk about will be more enjoyable if our bodies feel good doing it. Obviously, there are some health problems you can't completely prevent.

rss13

I am 6' 195 which is about 5 pounds more than I weighed when I was playing ball in college 30 years ago.

I have never been more than 10 pounds above or below that. The problem I have to constantly control is my hunger at night. I am always starving when I get home from work, but I try to make good choices.

Fast food makes me feel terrible afterwards and whenever you eat out the portion sizes are about twice what a person should be eating.

My wife is a fitness nut and is 5'7 115. We brew green tea and drink it unsweetened instead of soda.

Closing in on retirement we are committed to controlling what we can health wise. Any travelling or hobbies we talk about will be more enjoyable if our bodies feel good doing it. Obviously, there are some health problems you can't completely prevent.
My wife got me started eating healthy and helps me stay on track. She actually packs my lunch for me (I know, old fashioned, right). I usually feel kinda crappy too when I eat food outside of my normal foods. I replaced pop and sweets with water and tea which I sweeten with stevia blends.

Overpaid Union Thug

My wife got me started eating healthy and helps me stay on track. She actually packs my lunch for me (I know, old fashioned, right). I usually feel kinda crappy too when I eat food outside of my normal foods. I replaced pop and sweets with water and tea which I sweeten with stevia blends.
I sometimes have one "cheat meal" per week and I usually feel a little weird afterwards. The last one was a couple of weeks ago when my wife was able to talk me into going to a Chinese buffet. I'm not so sure I will be able to allow myself to do that again. LOL