Staying part time preload, possible?

boyo1991

I'm new to the company but I really really like my shift hours, 430-9 am, Monday thru Friday. Will I ever be asked to start full time? And if I am, can I decline and continue with part time preload shift?

From the looks I'll never really work more than 5 hrs but just checking and making sure

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm new to the company but I really really like my shift hours, 430-9 am, Monday thru Friday. Will I ever be asked to start full time? And if I am, can I decline and continue with part time preload shift?

From the looks I'll never really work more than 5 hrs but just checking and making sure

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yes you can stay working preload...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Your hours will increase during Peak.

You do not have to go FT unless you want to.

Resident know-it-all.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Do you like being poor, or are you well off financially?
Probably has other goals in life and likes the pay and benefits this job and the hours allows to continue the dream. Wish I would have continued the dream and remained on preload making like 30 an hour full bennies and did a ft gig I really wanted to do.Know I would have been been treated better, and would be way more happy if I would have followed my ambition in life , instead I have "best job in community" and am continually threatened by management that I am highly trained and I will be punished up to and including discharge. I curse the day I decided to unknowingly devote my life to this company

Last edited by a moderator:

browntroll

i also just plan on staying part time, im not sure my body can handle full time when i get older. i was wondering if anyone knew the top rate a part timer can make?
i heard after so many years you have to do a contract with the company for you wage is that true?

boyo1991

Johnny, that's exactly why I want to stay part time. I have a lot on my plate and I like what I've got. Ups may be how I make money to live, but I never want to devout my life to a job. I'm weird in that I actually do other things :p these hours and pay allow me to continue doing what I'm truely passionate abt. Benefits and job security and money hours... This fits perfectly with my life, cuz I don't need a lot of money to be happy lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Johnny, that's exactly why I want to stay part time. I have a lot on my plate and I like what I've got. Ups may be how I make money to live, but I never want to devout my life to a job. I'm weird in that I actually do other things :p these hours and pay allow me to continue doing what I'm truely passionate abt. Benefits and job security and money hours... This fits perfectly with my life, cuz I don't need a lot of money to be happy lol

Sent using BrownCafe App
Good 4 u my friend!!!! Don't let this devil of a company ruin your life by going full time. It will ruin you. Stay happy and enjoy your life!!!!!!
image.jpg

i also just plan on staying part time, im not sure my body can handle full time when i get older. i was wondering if anyone knew the top rate a part timer can make?
i heard after so many years you have to do a contract with the company for you wage is that true?
Top sort rate is currently $32.45 an hour. All other is $31.40 including PT car wash. Same as FT car wash and a lot more then Art. 22.3.

FilingBluesFL

I've got a few friends that have stayed part time for 20+ years.

Some have their own small business that they run during the day, and are only here for the benefits.

9.5er

The last couple years I was PT, I was also a temp. driver and Saturday driver. I made plenty of money with out all the headaches. I'd jump back into that spot in a heartbeat if I could.

The last couple years I was PT, I was also a temp. driver and Saturday driver. I made plenty of money with out all the headaches. I'd jump back into that spot in a heartbeat if I could.
I work Saturday air and air exception. Also cover for AM and PM air drivers on vacation. It is pretty good work, if you call it work.