STDisability denied by Aetna. Dr won't release me . Losing benifits

UPSgirl2002

I was having a few issues with depression, stress, anxiety. Dr took me off work prescribed meds.. Take note to HR file for disability through Aetna . Get a be at work on this date or your job may be terminated. (I have been in trouble for no call no shows bogus because I have proof I called) but that was the reason for the letter. even with proof I got walked off and id taken.. a week later I got id back and of course they couldn't do that to me. the next day I return to dr. to get released and I say all that has happened. I never picked up the meds didn't want to take them ..It screwed everything up. Dr kept me off work another month and wanted to see how the medication would work. So I take the damn pills. I fax my letter to HR and to Aetna. then I get the denial letter a few days later . Insufficient findings and illness not covered. Blaming DR's lack of detail in his medical report . Then I get another return to work at this date or lose job. So I go in talk to hub manager tells me I don't communicate and I should of reported to work ... I show him my letter and told him I faxed my letter.He said I didn't and the only reason I still have a job is "because of California state law" "Or id fire you ".... sweet guy...
This time when I return to Dr.. I am basically pretending I'm fine but I'm a mess.. only getting 105 a week every two weeks from state for SD. and that doesn't even cover my rent ..Practically begging Dr to release me so I can return to the job that now hated at and feel like a target but ... 12years is a lot to throw away...(should of never transferred to sunrise .. I'm just another drone on that shift.. Twilight I felt like I made a difference)
This time it was the fact I wasn't in therapy and wants to observe how the meds are working and haven't been taking them long enough. And get a referral for a out of network therapist(i actually like her)
So dr not releasing me for work and my benifits are running out down to a few days.. having trouble writing my appeal letter to Aetna( they explained why I was denied in a voice mail from a Skype number I couldn't call back and message got cut off in the middle of why I got denied. .)
So now ill lose my benefits in the next couple days before the Dr has released me .. no pay from Aetna at all .. having to move losing my car and need to slowly ween myself of the meds I am taking because if you quit cold turkey you may end up at a batman movie or an elementary school with guns and a mission...
I feel more depressed and now panic attacks because I'm at a loss of what to do .. I want to work . Dr says no.. Aetna says no reason I cant work so they wont pay me . UPS wont let me work till Dr say OK. Kinda hard to get in to see a DR when now its gonna cost more money them im making a month to see him, and there is nothing I can do about any of this... ? FMLA will end same time as benefits..there goes my secure job. Attorneys are not to helpful til after my appeal is denied.. that could be 180 days from now....??/ anyone advice

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Have all this documented and everything said to you from H.R and the Hub Manager and march your but right down to the Union Hall !!!

Ouch

What Cove master said. Plus you might want to look at talking to an attorney. See what your rights are per California law. Do as Cove master said first and give the union a chance to make things right.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
After being disciplined and fired for no call, no shows....I would not have simply faxed a doctor note to the DM and hoped that he received it, I would have at least shown up to work to give it to my supervisor personally.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
After being disciplined and fired for no call, no shows....I would not have simply faxed a doctor note to the DM and hoped that he received it, I would have at least shown up to work to give it to my supervisor personally.

A fax machine will prove if a transmission was successful or not.

barnyard

KTM rider
A fax machine will prove if a transmission was successful or not.

A fax machine will not tell the sender if the recipient ever got the fax though. The OP should have delivered the note in person. That is water under the bridge though.

Do as others have said, GO TO the union hall. Quit faxing stuff, see people IN PERSON.

Ouch

[quote UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1259201, member: 12570"]she already said that attorneys would not be helpful until her appeal is denied.[/quote]

I really don't care what she already said. What would be the harm in talking to an attorney about the California law. She can talk to an attorney any time she wants about any subject matter. Just because you give bad advice to an employee which is company sided doesn't mean that I or anybody else for that matter can't give her the good advice she needs.

Inthegame

Don't know how this will turn out but why did you go to a doc and then not follow his advice? When you refused to take the prescribed meds, you appear to Aetna and UPS as a scammer.
Maybe your Business agent can protect your job but you need to get them involved yesterday and then follow the advice of people who are trying to help you.

UPSgirl2002

Don't know how this will turn out but why did you go to a doc and then not follow his advice? When you refused to take the prescribed meds, you appear to Aetna and UPS as a scammer.
Maybe your Business agent can protect your job but you need to get them involved yesterday and then follow the advice of people who are trying to help you.
worried about the side effects if i had to quit taking them because of exactly what happen.. and no one knows but the dr and me that I wasn't taking them... Ive worked for UPS for 12 years on all three shifts... I understand how things work quite well specially on the front end..
ive been out on leave before and returned to work .. the lead at the time didn't report me back to work in time correctly in the system... i still lost bennys even though I was going to work every day... took three months till I got them back .... blood pressure through roof and working in the heat every day ... so Ive been carefull and it dosent matter cuz you cant babysit management