Stealing Thread???

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Bubblehead, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

What happened to the Stealing Time thread?
    Up and vanished like a fart in the wind.
  2. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

It was stolen.
  3. Not hanging around for LP
  4. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

You can't even get to the thread by clicking on its link:

The thread has been declared invalid.

Last I heard, one poster accused another of lacking adequate testicular fortitude. Maybe further ungentlemanly words were exchanged causing a moderator to pull the plug?
  5. SouthCal

SouthCal New Member

I was looking for it too. But I may have caused it to disappear seeing as I raised questions as to how the OP was able to get six months worth of screengrabs from a program he shouldn't have access to and further doubted his ability to prove his allegations and accusations.
  6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I notified Cheryl about the thread not being accessible.
    I saw nothing to indicate it could not be accessed.
  7. Bubblehead

The mystery deepens???
  8. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

It's baaaaaaaaaack.
  9. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

The username of the member that started the thread contained profane language. Our goal is to encourage intelligent conversation and suppress insulting, vulgar, rude and disrespectful content. In order to make this community work, we have to find a common ground.

Our forum is read by thousands of different people from many different circumstances and sensibilities. As the owner / admin of this site I have the right and responsibility to create, establish, maintain rules that best fit the overall community.

His username needed to be changed so I sent him a message asking him to select a different username and then put his account on hold to give him time to select a different name. Putting his account on hold caused any threads or posts he made to be on hold also, that's why the thread wouldn't open.

I still haven't heard back from him so I made up a new username for him and took his account off of hold, which reopened the thread.
  10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Oh, I thought this was a thread about a crime ................a hold up at JoAnn Fabrics!
  11. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

You go girl!!!
  12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

OK - I probably saw it but it did not register. Proves the saying that you see with your brain and not your eyes.
  13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Back in high school a girl once told me, "Look with your eyes - not with your hands!". I told her that I was trying to learn Braille.
  14. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

And if she would have had an acne problem, what would you have learned?
  15. Bubblehead

I'm suprised and a little dissappointed that I didn't notice.
    Now I'm wondering what was this user name??
    Anybody want to fill me in?
  16. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

It was something F'er or something like that. I noticed it, but thought that since the software allowed it to happen, it was okay. Sorry, I'm not the screen name/avatart police.:wink2:

Now I'm wondering what Cheryl changed the name to. Can you tell us Cheryl?
  17. Bubblehead

Its 1slickguy now.
    Don't know if that's what she changed it to.
    Maybe it should have been 1sickguy.
  18. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

That's what it was SL1CKF'er I believe.
  19. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

That would have been a better choice. Any variations of the f-word aren't welcome and some of these avatars are getting out of hand too.
  20. Bubblehead

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.