Stealing Time??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you are intent on seeing this through to the end then take the advice of others and call the anonymous tip line. I agree that what you describe is unfair. You can also write a letter and attach copies of your pictures and forward this to your district manager's office. Keep in mind that while it is illegal for them to retaliate against you for doing this you will have a huge bullseye on your back for quite some time to come and even the slightest infraction could lead to your termination.

Provided his info is correct, who's going to retaliate against him and for what?
If a couple of supes have an underhanded deal going with a couple of hourlies then wouldn't he be viewed as a hero by the higher ups when he exposes them?
Now if his allegations turn out to be unsubstantiated, that would be a different story.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't think you have much of a case. It sounds to me like dealmaking at its finest. This happens to me every day. I leave early and get paid for it all of the time. It has nothing to do with you. Deal with it.

1slickguy

I don't think you have much of a case. It sounds to me like dealmaking at its finest. This happens to me every day. I leave early and get paid for it all of the time. It has nothing to do with you. Deal with it.
LMAO, not at its finest, the sup has slipped up other places aswell giving the special treatment, lmao guess you wouldn't care to finish my job and let me take some of your paycheck either huh?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
LMAO, not at its finest, the sup has slipped up other places aswell giving the special treatment, lmao guess you wouldn't care to finish my job and let me take some of your paycheck either huh?

If a supervisor allows an employee to leave while paying them beyond that time, that is none of your business. Do your job, get paid your hours, and deal with your seniority and place in the company. I wouldn't LIKE your shoes, but then again you are lucky to have the extra work AND hours when other buildings such as our hub are short of 3.5 hours of work for part-timers..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Provided his info is correct, who's going to retaliate against him and for what?
If a couple of supes have an underhanded deal going with a couple of hourlies then wouldn't he be viewed as a hero by the higher ups when he exposes them?
Now if his allegations turn out to be unsubstantiated, that would be a different story.

Who says it is an underhanded deal. The OP? So you are buying hook, line, sinker that the OP gave 100% of the viable information?

Do you think maybe that the people being sent home COULD be in a position to get MORE than the hours they are "stealing", and maybe the supervisor lets them go early and throws them a bone in hopes they do not ask for their guarantee?

Could there be more involved than some supervisor just giving away minutes and hours for no reason other than they like the guys/gals?

Sounds like it to me.

1slickguy

If a supervisor allows an employee to leave while paying them beyond that time, that is none of your business. Do your job, get paid your hours, and deal with your seniority and place in the company. I wouldn't LIKE your shoes, but then again you are lucky to have the extra work AND hours when other buildings such as our hub are short of 3.5 hours of work for part-timers..
We don't have extra work, most of us go home with barely 3 hours and these guys are getting almost 5 everyday for last 6 months. I'm sure alot of people who don't have jobs would be pissed off.
MY PAYCHECK GETTING SHAVED IS MY BUSINESS, THE REASON I HAVE THE SCREENS IS TO PROVE THEM SHAVING MY TIME so he could meet his package volume/hour sheet he has to fill out, i could care less about them stealing time, but if i submitted my screens to prove my check these guys would get canned.

1slickguy

Could there be more involved than some supervisor just giving away minutes and hours for no reason other than they like the guys/gals?
Thats exactly what it is, 2 are high school buddies and the other 3 are cousins.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We don't have extra work, most of us go home with barely 3 hours and these guys are getting almost 5 everyday for last 6 months. I'm sure alot of people who don't have jobs would be pissed off.
MY PAYCHECK GETTING SHAVED IS MY BUSINESS, THE REASON I HAVE THE SCREENS IS TO PROVE THEM SHAVING MY TIME so he could meet his package volume/hour sheet he has to fill out, i could care less about them stealing time, but if i submitted my screens to prove my check these guys would get canned.

What area do you work? Is your area clean after 3 or so hours? Who are the people getting extra hours? What are their positions? What is your position?

Give us some help and we can help you. Otheriwse it's just buddy*ing :peaceful:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Why are you being shaved minutes? Why do you not tell your PT or FT supervisor your checks are short minutes? Show them the hand-written minutes and hours you work every week and what you are shorted. Why have you not filed a grievance when they refused to put the minutes or hours in they are shaving you? Why have you not confronted Loss Prevention about the minutes and hours your management team is shorting you?

L

Loufan

Stop whining on here, and send all your proof into the anonymous line. I'm sure they have an e-mail address.
Although now that I think about it, your story doesn't make much sense. If everyone in the building is barely getting 3 hours. That means the sort is probably down after 3-3.5 hours. So that means they're getting paid when the sort isn't even running. If that's the case I'm sure someone would've caught that by now.

1slickguy

Stop whining on here, and send all your proof into the anonymous line. I'm sure they have an e-mail address.
Although now that I think about it, your story doesn't make much sense. If everyone in the building is barely getting 3 hours. That means the sort is probably down after 3-3.5 hours. So that means they're getting paid when the sort isn't even running. If that's the case I'm sure someone would've caught that by now.
Exactly most of us get 3.5, but sup manually puts the other guys time cards in at the end of the shift, while most of us clear 18 hours for the week, these guys are getting 20-25.

1slickguy

Why are you being shaved minutes?
Its a small center, the sup has a time sheet to fill out and he has hours he is allotted based on package volume. If A-guy needs 4.5 for the day, then he'll shave some here and there off mine in GTS.
Why do you not tell your PT or FT supervisor your checks are short minutes?
LMAO, have already done it.
Show them the hand-written minutes and hours you work every week and what you are shorted.
Have done this too, they pull up GTS then say, look thats what GTS shows, i'm like i don't care, thats what sup put in not what i worked.
They keep telling there isn't anyway to prove i worked more.
Why have you not confronted Loss Prevention about the minutes and hours your management team is shorting you?
Didn't know there was a Loss Prevention

Question for everyone saying the OP should mind his own business. Is this not the same thing as witnessing a co-worker stealing items from packages? I think it is.

1slickguy

I would get with your steward and let him handle it. You don't want to get a fellow teamster in trouble now do you?

Thats why i haven't went to anyone, cause i don't want these guys to get fired, but i don't want my hard earned money given to these lazy ****s either.
Again this is why i came here to ask what do you think would happen, to get peoples opinion on the subject not to get bashed.:happy2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Question for everyone saying the OP should mind his own business. Is this not the same thing as witnessing a co-worker stealing items from packages? I think it is.

The supervisor stealing time, perhaps, but then again it is none of the hourlies business who gets extra hours. It is , however, the FT supervisor and sort managers business. It is not stealing time by the hourlies, because they are working as directed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Its a small center, the sup has a time sheet to fill out and he has hours he is allotted based on package volume. If A-guy needs 4.5 for the day, then he'll shave some here and there off mine in GTS.

LMAO, have already done it.

Have done this too, they pull up GTS then say, look thats what GTS shows, i'm like i don't care, thats what sup put in not what i worked.
They keep telling there isn't anyway to prove i worked more.

Didn't know there was a Loss Prevention

There is a way to prove you worked more. Write down your times every day. The exact time you punch in and out. Hand written. Then when you see your pay stub, match up the hours (convert from minutes /seconds to UPS ticks). If they don't match, confront them.

It starts there. Don't take this personally, but anyone who does not keep exact track of their paid hours with this company is a fool!

If they say you have no case, then go to loss prevention and the district manager and tell them you will be filing grievances and documenting this behaviour through the union, for lost time over the past week, and also contacting a corporate source to document this stealing/altering of time card and punch times.

If it is under $30 worth of a shortage in one week, you need to give management 1 week to correct the shortage. If they do not, then file a grievance. This will document the fact that you have been shorted time and also put the supervisor team in a pickle, as now they must answer to the grievance AND they will think twice about stealing from YOU in the future.

If it is over $30 in one week, then you can request a "green check" and be paid within 3 days (NDA supplemental check will be shipped to you). IF this check is not expedited, you can file a grievance. Repeat above - this will definitly light a fire under their :censored2:.

If you just lay back and let them steal from you, you are a willing victim and they will continue this practice as long as possible

1slickguy

The supervisor stealing time, perhaps, but then again it is none of the hourlies business who gets extra hours. It is , however, the FT supervisor and sort managers business. It is not stealing time by the hourlies, because they are working as directed.
Extra hours would be what i'm getting having to pick up their slack when they leave earlier. I don't see how the sup says "yeah bro go ahead and go to that party i'll hook you up" is working as directed.