Stealing time

Stxteamster

First time post not sure how this will work but trying to find an answer to a question that I have asked my coworkers and stewards , I work local sort or pm shift, when I first started all employees would punch in our own start time daily, but the past couple of years our time is set for us, no matter if we start before that time or after, for example we start at 1630 but comp is set to 1715. This forces employees stay after clocking out to make sure our time clock is correct. There has been multiple instances of employees missing time but the same system is still used. I guess i just expect a company the size of ups to have time clocks figured out. Are we the only ups warehouse that sees this

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
First time post not sure how this will work but trying to find an answer to a question that I have asked my coworkers and stewards , I work local sort or pm shift, when I first started all employees would punch in our own start time daily, but the past couple of years our time is set for us, no matter if we start before that time or after, for example we start at 1630 but comp is set to 1715. This forces employees stay after clocking out to make sure our time clock is correct. There has been multiple instances of employees missing time but the same system is still used. I guess i just expect a company the size of ups to have time clocks figured out. Are we the only ups warehouse that sees this
No...it's a big problem. When we first startes using the Package timecard web...as opposed to the old time clocks...we could manually change start times ourselves. I find it easier to just write my hours down.for.the week,..and on fridays....have my center manager confirm my times on the computer to assure there will be no shortages in my paycheck. But if your checks are short...file a grievance and always keep track of your hours daily.

BrownTexas

I use a great app called HoursTracker. It has a free version that is great. You just punch in and out and it keeps all your hours in weeks. But we also have people that take pictures of the computer for "proof". If you aren't keeping track, you will be screwed.

jaker

trolling
You know what's sad is we shouldn't have to worry about our times being right , I don't know of another place that has the time issues we have

You need to get other coworkers together and figure out how much time is being stolen and file all together and keep at it until they realize that can't steal time from you guys anymore

Keep track of your hours. If the check is short give them the two days to send you a check. After that grieve it every time. They will get the picture. Encourage your coworkers to do the same.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Keep track of your hours. If the check is short give them the two days to send you a check. After that grieve it every time. They will get the picture. Encourage your coworkers to do the same.

And, if you really want to hold them accountable....

Do like they do.

f57eh4.png

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Isn't there a dollar limit ($15?) below which they have until the following pay period to make the correction without penalty?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I believe its $20 part time $40 full time. or something like that. you can request a green check
My favorite was when my check was short...maybe 30 min or so, I inform my center manager. After the sort, my center manager told me to clock out and wait in her office to review my hours and find the shortage. Ummm...excuse me? Meeting? I get paid for that too.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You and I have both been here for awhile. I can count the number of pay discrepancies on one hand and still have several fingers left over. For such a large company they do tend to get most things right.
Not in preload....plenty of complaints on BC regarding PT pay discrepancies...this thread being one of them.

You and I have both been here for awhile. I can count the number of pay discrepancies on one hand and still have several fingers left over. For such a large company they do tend to get most things right.
I've seen so many among the part timers it's not even funny. They ( management ) in some places actually like to shave minutes off hourlies time to make certain numbers. Sad as it is it does happen and sometimes it happens by sheer disorganization.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've seen so many among the part timers it's not even funny. They ( management ) in some places actually like to shave minutes off hourlies time to make certain numbers. Sad as it is it does happen and sometimes it happens by sheer disorganization.

I think most of the time its incompetence and not deliberate errors. Management just trusts what their computer says without giving any thought as to whether it is correct.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think most of the time its incompetence and not deliberate errors. Management just trusts what their computer says without giving any thought as to whether it is correct.
Oh it's most certainly deliberate. The beauty of a computer is its not biased. It doesn't have a set number of hours given to it by the DM.