Stealing time

clean hairy

Isn't Managment stealing time when they tell a part timer to work through break (you can take it later, yeah, right!) then is told to punch out at the end of the shift without ever getting the break?

480px-Bambi-10debbfb.jpeg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Isn't Managment stealing time when they tell a part timer to work through break (you can take it later, yeah, right!) then is told to punch out at the end of the shift without ever getting the break?
That's when the PTer who worked through his break earlier...goes to his PT sup, says I'm taking my break now..and walks off the belt. I don't ask to take my break...I tell my sup I'm going on break. If he has an issue with it (he never does)...that's his opportunity to say something. Otherwise...see ya in 10 min!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Stealing time" is when you are being paid for doing something that is not UPS related, like getting your hair cut on the clock.

What you are describing is "shaving minutes".

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
a lot of feeder drivers like to have clean windows and mirrors, so they go to the carwash tunnel and spray the windshields and hit them with a brush. We had several drivers terminated for this. Company said it was "creating overtime" and therefore stealing time.

Bottom rung

Same thing happened here. center manager followed the feeder for sixty miles. Fired him for stealing time because he wasn't going the speed limit. It was thrown out when the company found out the tractor wouldn't go the speed limit.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Same thing happened here. center manager followed the feeder for sixty miles. Fired him for stealing time because he wasn't going the speed limit. It was thrown out when the company found out the tractor wouldn't go the speed limit.
They tried that to me also. They said I was only going between 55 and 60 mph in a 70 zone. Told them to go ahead and fire me then if they said I was stealing time.

I was waiting for a few weeks of paid time.off. They found out that's all the tractor would do pulling a set. I was really looking forward to a.paid vacation.

clean hairy

This would be my defense if Mgnt tried it:
The 70 speed limit sign is the maximum legal speed.
In being a safe driver, the safest speed might be in fact, 55 or 60 even if your vehicle will do 70 MPH.
Imagine being in a wreck while driving 70 in a 70 zone, when a slower safer speed might have averted an accident.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This would be my defense if Mgnt tried it:
The 70 speed limit sign is the maximum legal speed.
In being a safe driver, the safest speed might be in fact, 55 or 60 even if your vehicle will do 70 MPH.
Imagine being in a wreck while driving 70 in a 70 zone, when a slower safer speed might have averted an accident.
True about being the maximum speed limit. And adverse conditions or traffic can affect your speed. But for normal road conditions and normal traffic, you can be expected to travel the posted speed limit.

Being told you're stealing time for traveling 54 in a 55 is ridiculous, but if you're only going 55 or 60 in a 70, you better have a good reason why. And there are good reasons, but if you're being followed and say you were going slow to "this" reason, it better exist.

It was real windy and my set was being blown around pretty good. A valid reason. But if you're being followed, it sure better be windy.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
True about being the maximum speed limit. And adverse conditions or traffic can affect your speed. But for normal road conditions and normal traffic, you can be expected to travel the posted speed limit.

Being told you're stealing time for traveling 54 in a 55 is ridiculous, but if you're only going 55 or 60 in a 70, you better have a good reason why. And there are good reasons, but if you're being followed and say you were going slow to "this" reason, it better exist.

It was real windy and my set was being blown around pretty good. A valid reason. But if you're being followed, it sure better be windy.

Couldn't have said it any better.

And, we all know they check.

Nowadays, the company will video it.

Then confront you.... to see what your response is.

Nuff said.

-Bug-