steel reserve, anybody had it?

B

blueterrior

i got a 24oz can, gonna get it cold and drink it tonight. ive never drank anything more than budlight, and even then in moderation. this time though i wanna get drunk, so i got steel reserve. ive heard its strong, and tastes like crap. im a little nervous, has anyone had this before?

B

blueterrior

no it came with it! i saw the wikipedia, not a real wealth of information.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Appearance: There is a small head that disseminates quickly. Its got a nice clear yellow color. I'm definitely impressed. The last malt I tried "Olde English" lacked these qualities.

Smell: Bright floral notes with a solid wheat backing. Like all malt liquors I get lots from the yeast because the hops are bland.

Taste: I can't believe how sweet this beer is It taste like bananas soaked in everclear It's very relient on sugar as an ingredient. Don't be fooled by this beer though. I think the sugar is an ingredient for a hangover. That's why so many people end up sending this beer back to the toilet from which it came at the end of the night.

Mouthfeel: Its medium bodied. Not as watery as many macro lagers but it isn't good and it taste terrible in the throat. The bittersweet characterstics make we want to swallow this one and get it over with.

Drinkability: This is only good for getting wasted when you are broke. Then again save your money.

Serving type: can

Reviewed on: 12-08-2010 04:26:26 | id: 1334826
An amusing little beer with the delicate boquet of sweaty armpit

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Margaritas are much better than Malt Liquor for getting drunk.

Thats about the only mixed drink I will drink and the only way I can stand tequila. Nothing like a 12 year single malt scotch though.......well maybe a 25 year!

rod

Retired 22 years
I got messed up on Iron City Beer in Myrtle Beach for a week. If its anything like that stuff expect a throbbing head in the morning. (and not a good throbbing head)

B

blueterrior

i drank the can in a bout 45 minuets. it tasted kind of like carbonated fruit punch. the taste wasent that bad, but it made me sick while i was drinkig it. i got medium drunk, with a decent hang over. not doing it again, ill stick to my bud light